Tutorial How to find offsets with gg? (Tutorial)

sobogamer_2020

Approved Modder
Original poster
Approved Modder
Apr 6, 2022
Romania
Alr, so hello everyone today i will show you how to get offsets with gg the game that we're gonna get Offset from, is:Hill climb racing
Playstore link:Hill Climb Racing - Apps on Google Play
So we're gonna get the offsets for Coins If you want to get for diamonds do the same thing as you did for Coins =)

Tools that we need:
1. Game Guardian (gg)
2. Paralel space (its working on 2020 versions)
3. A notepad app to note your offsets (optional)

Note:
If your phone is already rooted you don't need paralel space anymore, If you want offsets for 32 bit processors just download the game from google If You don't know what arm32 (armeabi-v7a) and arm64 just look at my postings i already posted a tutorial in april :)
But in this tutorial i used arm64 because i downloaded it dirrectly from playstore so i used gg for 64 bit (this method is only for int)

1. Earn some Coins as you can see in this photo

Screenshot_20220524-110255.png

2. Use the search button so we can put the value
of coins

Screenshot_20220524-110310.png

3. Put the value and press on the "???" Button

Screenshot_20220524-110323.png

4. And press on Dword

Screenshot_20220524-110334.png

5. And search the value You will get lot of results so If we want to get the correct adress earn some coins

Screenshot_20220524-110346.png

6. I earned some coins and now i have 245 Search it again pressing "refine"

Screenshot_20220524-110437.png

7. So you can see i got the right value

Screenshot_20220524-110443.png

8. Hold press on the adress and press on the button "go to the adress"

Screenshot_20220524-110506.png

9. And u will see this

Screenshot_20220524-110512.png

10. Press on the checkbox and save it as Dword

Screenshot_20220524-110522.png

11. Now press this button
Screenshot_20220524-110546.png

12. Press this

Screenshot_20220524-110555.png

13.And press this and Search it
Screenshot_20220524-110605.png

14. Press this button

Screenshot_20220524-110636.png

15. Press Offset

Screenshot_20220524-110707.png

16. And here is it we got it :pepe020:

Screenshot_20220524-110736.png

The Offset: 0x63378C
You can use it in mod menu or script for gg so now You are pro!:pepe019:

Attachments

Script4fun

Platinian
Jan 29, 2020
India
This method can't be used in 99% games, here's why:
1] Let's see when you can use it :
-> If your value stored within range xa, cd & cb only then you can use this.
2] Why it cannot be used in most games? :
-> Almost all games stores there useful values in range A, Ca and whenever you restart your game the distance between Xa to desired value changes (aka offset). So its impossible to determine the correct offset for Range A , Ca, V, O, etc...

For this games try to find pointers that leads to your desired Value, its hard to find with gg but its not impossible. For example
[Xa] libsomething + 0x1234 -> [Ca] Some address + 0x10 -> [A] New address + 0x690 = Desired value.
Here your address changes whenever you restart the game but the offset doesn't change.
Note: '->' = goto pointer

Aug 7, 2022
Ukraine
I am trying to get an offset to edit HEX file of the game, but for some reason offset value that I get in step 16 is not correct. Appreciate any help :)

I want to an get offset for in-game cash currency

So I successfully found the value that I need and its double (step 7) > Saved address (tried both as double and as Dword but it didnt help) > Searched it (Step 13) and choosen Xa with libi2cpp > Saved it as Dword (tried both to save it as double and as Dword) and on the step 17 got this result -
1661033541909.png

As you can see for some reason there is 8 digits in the offset, and I cant find it in the libi2cpp HEX :(

Thanks for the guide!
Also I wanted to try ask this question on the Game Guardian forum, but after registration it just shown me that I am banned (I have never registered there before) :D
(the game is pretty simple and single player so it shouldnt have any sort of protection, just in case)

MrYellow

Inactive Approved Modder
Aug 11, 2019
Indonesia
is there a way to get the original offsate from the steps like the tutorial above, I can't find it in the libil2cpp dump. but i have got the score from gameguardian. game currency search results point not to the "xa" range but to the "a" range. and it doesn't connect to any lib in game guardian.

sobogamer_2020

Approved Modder
Original poster
Approved Modder
Apr 6, 2022
Romania
apakah ada cara untuk mendapatkan offsate asli dari langkah-langkah seperti tutorial di atas, saya tidak dapat menemukannya di dump libil2cpp. tapi saya sudah mendapat skor dari gameguardian. hasil pencarian mata uang game tidak menunjuk ke kisaran "xa" tetapi ke kisaran "a". dan itu tidak terhubung ke lib apa pun di game guardian.
Its hard to understand what u said with google translate but as i see You have an libil2cpp.so game, i mentioned in the tutorial for this type of games theres already an online dumper.

MrYellow

Inactive Approved Modder
Aug 11, 2019
Indonesia
I am trying to get an offset to edit HEX file of the game, but for some reason offset value that I get in step 16 is not correct. Appreciate any help :)

I want to an get offset for in-game cash currency

So I successfully found the value that I need and its double (step 7) > Saved address (tried both as double and as Dword but it didnt help) > Searched it (Step 13) and choosen Xa with libi2cpp > Saved it as Dword (tried both to save it as double and as Dword) and on the step 17 got this result - View attachment 443224
As you can see for some reason there is 8 digits in the offset, and I cant find it in the libi2cpp HEX :(

Thanks for the guide!
Also I wanted to try ask this question on the Game Guardian forum, but after registration it just shown me that I am banned (I have never registered there before) :D
(the game is pretty simple and single player so it shouldnt have any sort of protection, just in case)
have you found a way? I also experienced the same thing xD

MrYellow

Inactive Approved Modder
Aug 11, 2019
Indonesia
Its hard to understand what u said with google translate but as i see You have an libil2cpp.so game, i mentioned in the tutorial for this type of games theres already an online dumper.
yes I have done an online dumper and looked for the offsate that has been obtained in gameguardian. but that doesn't lead to any code from dump.cs

sobogamer_2020

Approved Modder
Original poster
Approved Modder
Apr 6, 2022
Romania
yes I have done an online dumper and looked for the offsate that has been obtained in gameguardian. but that doesn't lead to any code from dump.cs
If u already have the dump why u still need gg? Just Search for offsets in the dump :pepe020:
[/HIDE]

MrYellow

Inactive Approved Modder
Aug 11, 2019
Indonesia
I don't really understand reading string code hehe. so it's an easy way to find by value although haven't managed to get the original offsate currency in the trash
If u already have the dump why u still need gg? Just Search for offsets in the dump :pepe020:
[/HIDE]
I don't really understand reading string code hehe. so it's an easy way to find by value although haven't managed to get the original offsate currency in the trash
maybe you choose a good way to fix it from the tutorial above maybe, that's why I ask

MrYellow

Inactive Approved Modder
Aug 11, 2019
Indonesia

maybe you choose a good way to fix it from the tutorial above maybe, that's why I ask
because I'm still learning so sorry if I ask a lot hehe

Script4fun

Platinian
Jan 29, 2020
India
because I'm still learning so sorry if I ask a lot hehe
Try chainer.lua it automatically finds pointer. I would suggest run the script at least 3 times (not at once but restart the game then run it) and compare them, find the actually chain then create a script based on it. If you don't have much knowledge with gg scripts just use chainer it can restore the chains too.

MrYellow

Inactive Approved Modder
Aug 11, 2019
Indonesia
Try chainer.lua it automatically finds pointer. I would suggest run the script at least 3 times (not at once but restart the game then run it) and compare them, find the actually chain then create a script based on it. If you don't have much knowledge with gg scripts just use chainer it can restore the chains too.
Thank you so much for your help. I'll try it on gameguardian. finally I found the code from the "dump.cs" garbage heap after trying all the strings