Tutorial How to hide Magisk from root detections (Magisk v24 and up)

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Zygisk's DenyList allows you to hide apps from detecting Magisk and root, prevent showing incompatile device or fake bugs such as crashes, stuck, connection error. DenyList is basically MagiskHide, but doesn't 100% hide. Some apps may still detecting it

This tutorial is for official Magisk only. If you are using Magisk-Delta, you are in the wrong place, please read this tutorial How to hide Magisk-Delta from root detections - Platinmods.com - Android & iOS MODs, Mobile Games & Apps

Hiding Magisk App
Let's start hiding Magisk app first

Open Magisk-Delta and open settings on the top-right corner

Screenshot_20230602-110628.png

Under App sction click on Hide the magisk app

Screenshot_20230602-110647.png

You will be prompted how the app should be called. The default name is Settings. Click OK when you are done

Screenshot_20230602-112307.png

Please wait for a few seconds. Don't do anything until it relaunches. After it relaunches, it may prompt you if you want to create a shortcut to your home screen. Click OK if you want to create a shortcut

Screenshot_20230602-120055.png

Then click Add automatically

Image 1644064871.png

Installing hiding modules
There are 2 hiding modules for Magisk, Shamiko and MagiskHide. I recommended you try Shamiko first. If something does not work, you can try switch to MagiskHide.

DO NOT USE BOTH MODULES SIMULTANEOUSLY, OTHERWISE ALL APPS WILL STOP WORKING AND MAY BRICK YOUR DEVICE. PLEASE ONLY HAVE ONE OF HIDING MODULE ENABLED

Shamiko module:
Open settings. Scroll down to Magisk section and enable Zygisk

Screenshot_20230602-112338.png

Download Shamiko zip file to your device. If you downloaded zip file using pc then connect your device with pc using a data cable and transfer it to the device.

Download link: Releases · LSPosed/LSPosed.github.io

Go to Modules section

Screenshot_20230602-1106282.png

Click on Install from storage option

Screenshot_20230602-111128.png

Select downloaded Shamiko zip file

Screenshot_20230602-111142.png

Confirm the installation

Screenshot_20230602-111151.png

After installation, simply click on the reboot button and your device will get rebooted

Screenshot_20230602-111158.png

Open Magisk app, open settings. Scroll down to the Magisk sction click on Configure Denylist.

Screenshot_20230602-1123382.png

Choose the apps you want to hide from root detections

Screenshot_20230602-112416.png

That’s it, you have successfully installed Shamiko on your device.

MagiskHide module:
MagiskHide does not need Zygisk to be enabled. Which mean you can hide Magisk root without enabling Zygisk.

This module reads DenyList as hidelist, but DOES NOT need to enable Zygisk and Enforced DenyList. You can use this module when Zygisk is enabled also but it is meanless.

NOTE: Isolated process and app zygote is not handle-able on Android 10 and lower. So Android 11+ is recommended!

Download MagiskHide zip file to your device. If you downloaded zip file using pc then connect your device with pc using a data cable and transfer it to the device.

Download link: Releases · HuskyDG/MagiskHide

Follow the excat steps from above how to install the zip file. I won't explain it here again

There are two way to modify denylist configuration without enabling Zygisk.

Configure Magisk apps
  • As Magisk app does not allow you to configure denylist when zygisk is off. You must toggle Zygisk on temporary (not reboot) to configurate denylist and toggle Zygisk off after done.
  • Screenshot_20230602-11233823.png

Configure by CLI
  • You can manage denylist by magisk --denylist.
  • To add pkg/process to denylist, use this command (example adding com.google.android.gms.unstable):
Code:
magisk --denylist add com.google.android.gms com.google.android.gms.unstable
  • To remove pkg/process to denylist, use this command (example removing com.google.android.gms.unstable):
Code:
magisk --denylist rm com.google.android.gms com.google.android.gms.unstable
  • Use magisk --denylist ls to view denylist configuration
Extras
Play Integrity Fix module:

Play Integrity Fix attempts to fix Play Integrity verdicts to get a certified device on bootloader unlocked devices. IT WILL NOT WORK ON EMULATORS!

Download the module here: Releases · chiteroman/PlayIntegrityFix

See Wiki before using Play Integrity Fix module: PlayIntegrityFix/wiki

Play Integrity Fix needs a working fingerprint. If you are too lazy to find a fingerprint, use playcurl module to automatically pull a working fingerprint for you

Download the playcurl.zip here: Releases · daboynb/PlayIntegrityNEXT

Instructions here: PlayIntegrityNEXT/Fp_Downloader.apk to use with play integrity by chiteroman at main · daboynb/PlayIntegrityNEXT

Check if your device pass both Basic Integrity or Device Integrity using TB checker app or similar

screenshot_20240310-121428-png.png

Hide My Applist Xposed module
Hide My Applist can work as an Xposed module to hide apps or reject app list requests, and provides some methods to test whether you have hidden your app list properly.

Tutorial: How to bypass hacking tool detections using Hide My Applist (Root + Xposed) - Platinmods.com - Android & iOS MODs, Mobile Games & Apps

Attachments

Last edited:

HuskyDG

Platinian
Dec 23, 2021
VietNam
John wu preserves MagiskHide code and convert it into DenyList.
"MagiskHide is removed from Magisk" that mean John Wu don't see it as hiding purpose but for revoke changes made by Magisk
DenyList is basically MagiskHide but don't have ability to hiding sensitive props
DenyList cannot hide Zygisk, app in DenyList can thus detect Zygisk [Momo can detect Zygisk even it is in DenyList], use Shamiko module to hide Zygisk and Zygisk modules

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
John wu preserves MagiskHide code and convert it into DenyList.
"MagiskHide is removed from Magisk" that mean John Wu don't see it as hiding purpose but for revoke changes made by Magisk
DenyList is basically MagiskHide but don't have ability to hiding sensitive props
DenyList cannot hide Zygisk, app in DenyList can thus detect Zygisk [Momo can detect Zygisk even it is in DenyList], use Shamiko module to hide Zygisk and Zygisk modules
I know that, I could have explained it before
But i will take a look on Shamiko module. The link is broken tho

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Zygisk is not perfect for hiding.
I no longer recommend to use zygisk and Shamiko, read more here
Sorry for late reply, Shamiko actually worked better than MagiskHide for me. I was able to use government apps that I can't with MagiskHide. Otherwise I would have to unroot my phone completely if there is no way to bypass

Jun 20, 2022
@AndnixSH Sir if you have spare time can you describe a bit how magisk is detected even after changing the package name. Like is there any other way to detect application regardless of spoofing the package name. I tried searching everywhere but didn't find any.

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
@AndnixSH Sir if you have spare time can you describe a bit how magisk is detected even after changing the package name. Like is there any other way to detect application regardless of spoofing the package name. I tried searching everywhere but didn't find any.
Nah, I won't help with it. There is an app called Hide my applist to bypass any kind of app detections How to bypass hacking tool detections using Hide My Applist (Root + Xposed) - Platinmods.com - Android & iOS MODs, Mobile Games & Apps

Jun 20, 2022

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Thank you sir! But i don't have xposed since it cased bootloops last time. Anyway looks like they are comparing the package size range in one of the api to detect magisk.
Don't give devs any hint 🤣