Tutorial How to install Kitsune Mask/Magisk Delta on Android emulators (Easy installation)

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Important: If you are gonna use Kitsune Mask to install Zygisk mod menus on emulators, STOP RIGHT NOW!!! Most Zygisk mod menus support ARM only, therefore x86 emulators are NOT supported, although they support ARM translation. It is what it is!

Kitsune Mask/Magisk Delta is a fork by HuskyDG, including old school MagiskHide, Riru and some custom features. It works same as with official Magisk. Magisk Delta is a lot easier to install compared to MagiskOnEmu. It works on phones too.

Currently, only Magisk Delta support Magisk installation into system partition. Although emulator has ramdisk image, patching ramdisk is not used because ramdisk is stored in seperate partition with very SMALL disk size that is not enough to store Magisk binaries.

Download
Kitsune Mask

Older versions of Kitsune Mask

Older versions of Magisk Delta

Video tutorial

Before you start
Enable Root access in emulator settings. This is an example of enabling root in Nox Player

1661245275803.png

If you use Bluestacks: Use Bluestacks Tweaker to unlock and enable root

If you use LDPlayer: Enable "System.vmdk writeable" in emulator settings under "Advanced" tab

1669715370947.png

If you use MuMu 12: Enable "Writeable system disk" in emulator settings under "Disk" tab

1699809540800.png

Installation
In this example, I will install Magisk v25.2-Delta on Nox player running Android 9. You can use any supported emulators, Nox Player, LD Player, Memu Player, Bluestacks, etc running Android 7 or above.

Install and open Magisk Delta. Grant root access to Magisk Delta (If asked)

Press the Install button on the Magisk card. Ramdisk does NOT need to be supported. Having no ramdisk is fine

2022-08-23 10 08 06.png

Grant permission to access files

2022-08-23 10 07 45.png

Press NEXT. We don't need preserve AVB/dm-verity on emulators

2022-08-23 10 08 32.png

Use “Direct Install into system partition” option instead of “Direct Install” option. If you don’t see this option, close and re-open Magisk Delta app.

2022-08-23 10 08 42.png

Wait until installation successful

2022-08-23 10 08 48.png

If you got the error "Unable to find sepolicy rules dir /data/adb/modules", just ignore it

DO NOT disable Root access in emulator settings. Backup built-in su (/system/bin/su and /system/xbin/su) and delete them (in case you want to uninstall Magisk and restore to built-in su) using file manager with root permission (In some file manager, you may need to enable write permission in Settings to be able to delete the file), then reboot. Because emulators like LDPlayer will remove all su after disable ROOT from settings, causing magisk to prompt "A su binary not from Magisk has been detected. Please remove any competing root solution and/or reinstall Magisk".

1669715202450.png

If you are TOO LAZY, you can try disable Root access in emulator settings then reboot, hoping Magisk will still work. It works fine on Memu so far

The last step is to verify that everything is working properly. Open Magisk Delta again. We want to see a version number beside the “Installed” parameter. This means you have successfully installed Magisk. Great job!

2022-08-23 10 15 46.png

If you update your emulator, you need to reinstall Magisk-Delta again. No user data are wiped

Warning: Zygisk may break on Android 12 based emulators!
Use Zygisk-Next module instead Releases · Dr-TSNG/ZygiskNext

Got any issues? Report issues on the Github repo

Attachments

Last edited:

Aizawa Hanabi

Platinian
Apr 28, 2017
I keep getting the error "system partition is read only". Any fix for this? Yes, I have followed all your steps and enabled root access prior to the installation of Magisk Delta. Please help!!

Using LDplayer v9.0.30(9) latest version atm I think.

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
I keep getting the error "system partition is read only". Any fix for this? Yes, I have followed all your steps and enabled root access prior to the installation of Magisk Delta. Please help!!

Using LDplayer v9.0.30(9) latest version atm I think.
Open settings and choose System.vmdk writeable

1669550636165.png

Reactions: sacredcrowds

Aizawa Hanabi

Platinian
Apr 28, 2017
Open settings and choose System.vmdk writeable

View attachment 473453
Thank you so much! Following your kind input, I was able to install Magisk but now the version number is not displaying after I disable root access. When I tried enabling root access and open up the Delta app again, I can see the version number reflected in the parameter...

-Using LDplayer9 v9.0.30(9)

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Thank you so much! Following your kind input, I was able to install Magisk but now the version number is not displaying after I disable root access. When I tried enabling root access and open up the Delta app again, I can see the version number reflected in the parameter...

-Using LDplayer9 v9.0.30(9)
Oh you need to leave it enabled, but use any file explorer and delete /system/xbin/su file

Aizawa Hanabi

Platinian
Apr 28, 2017
Root Access error.JPG

Fyi, the above information appears when I have my root enabled, but when I disabled it becomes "Installed N/A".

Aizawa Hanabi

Platinian
Apr 28, 2017
Oh you need to leave it enabled, but use any file explorer and delete /system/xbin/su file
Ah no wonder I was getting the "A su binary not from Magisk has been detected. Please remove any competing root solution and/or reinstall Magisk" error. I thought it was due to having root access enabled. I'll try again with your solution!! Tysm!

Oopsie, do I delete the file before or after installing Magisk?

Aizawa Hanabi

Platinian
Apr 28, 2017
I could not find any xbin folder except for bin and sbin folders. Both bin and sbin have su file, so do I delete both su files? Sorry for the spam :(

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
I could not find any xbin folder except for bin and sbin folders. Both bin and sbin have su file, so do I delete both su files? Sorry for the spam :(
it's there. Make sure you enable root in emulator Settings and have given root permission to your file explorer (I use X-plore and enabled write permission)

1669563073396.png

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Ah no wonder I was getting the "A su binary not from Magisk has been detected. Please remove any competing root solution and/or reinstall Magisk" error. I thought it was due to having root access enabled. I'll try again with your solution!! Tysm!

Oopsie, do I delete the file before or after installing Magisk?
Forgot to reply, delete su file after installing Magisk

Aizawa Hanabi

Platinian
Apr 28, 2017
After installation of Magisk -> Leave root enabled -> Delete su file -> Disable root -> Reboot?

Are the steps above correct?
After deleting su file and disabling root, I rebooted the emulator but now the app is showing that I have not installed Magisk again. I re-enabled root permission and it shows it has been properly installed.

Does it not work on the latest version of Ldplayer9 or I missed a step?

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
After deleting su file and disabling root, I rebooted the emulator but now the app is showing that I have not installed Magisk again. I re-enabled root permission and it shows it has been properly installed.

Does it not work on the latest version of Ldplayer9 or I missed a step?
Don't disable root, because it will delete some magisk files. Leave it enabled

The correct way are: Installation of Magisk -> Reboot -> Leave root enabled -> Delete su file

Reactions: Aizawa Hanabi

Aizawa Hanabi

Platinian
Apr 28, 2017
Don't disable root, because it will delete some magisk files. Leave it enabled

The correct way are: Installation of Magisk -> Reboot -> Leave root enabled -> Delete su file
luckypatcher.JPG

Now that Magisk is successfully installed on my emulator, I'm following the steps to apply the necessary patches for enabling installation of unsigned apk. It's my 1st time installing luckypatcher on a new emulator but the first 2 patches were already applied.

Do I still need to re-apply the first 2 patches? To apply the 3rd patch, should I uncheck the "only patch dalvik-cache" and then check the "Use the Magisk module to apply patch" box?

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Now that Magisk is successfully installed on my emulator, I'm following the steps to apply the necessary patches for enabling installation of unsigned apk. It's my 1st time installing luckypatcher on a new emulator but the first 2 patches were already applied.

Do I still need to re-apply the first 2 patches? To apply the 3rd patch, should I uncheck the "only patch dalvik-cache" and then check the "Use the Magisk module to apply patch" box?
No need.
You only need to patch 3rd one "Disable signature verification in the package manager"