Help! How to mod an Android App

L00k Alive

2/3 Games Approved
Original poster
Apr 22, 2021
Tha World
Hi,

I was searching for a guide (or guidance) on how to mod an android app for premium.
I know how to do it for games, but android apps are different. No dlls, no libil2cpp.so (no lib folder at all btw), no nothing.

Let me explain precisely what I try to do: I want to enable the premium features of my habit app without paying for the yearly subscription. The features include unlimited habits, create 1 time tasks, be able to do challenges, ...
In the il2ccp games, there was this magical bool called "Get_IsPremuim", so I just modded it to return it true and I got the premium features.
This app is a kotlin app, with files in assests folder and smali folder. I want to know if there is this magic line in apps too, if so how to find it, and how to enable it.

All input are valuable.
Thx in advance for your help!

P.S.: I'll modify the OP to keep track of my progress on the matter

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Try2Crack

Tiahh

Solid & Active Platinian
Jan 12, 2018
You can modify the app through assets or smali. App files are somewhere in the app.

Reactions: L00k Alive

xadf

Solid & Active Platinian
Nov 27, 2020
Germany
It depends on the app what you should do, if it is not lil2cpp or .dll you maybe need IDA PRO.

L00k Alive

2/3 Games Approved
Original poster
Apr 22, 2021
Tha World
It depends on the app what you should do, if it is not lil2cpp or .dll you maybe need IDA PRO.
I thought those were only for unity games, I've never heard of unity for an app, thanks for teaching me that !
What file should I open in IDA Pro then (there are only smali and assests)

xadf

Solid & Active Platinian
Nov 27, 2020
Germany
I thought those were only for unity games, I've never heard of unity for an app, thanks for teaching me that !
What file should I open in IDA Pro then (there are only smali and assests)
It depends on the app, maybe you need to modify the .so file, maybe it is a smali based app, could be everything.

L00k Alive

2/3 Games Approved
Original poster
Apr 22, 2021
Tha World
It depends on the app, maybe you need to modify the .so file, maybe it is a smali based app, could be everything.
Alright, I think that's a smali app (since it doesn't have a lib folder or dlls).
How am I supposed to mod the smali file to get what I want (I updated the OP)?
I already dived into this but didn't find much, do you have any experience with it ?

LEIIKUN

Retired Staff
Retired but loved <3
Oct 13, 2019
Davao
Almost android apps not games can be modded on .dex or smali.

Check lucky patcher custom patch creation you will see a some example on how to modify classes.dex

Reactions: L00k Alive

skhrlx

Rookie
Apr 3, 2021
Eua
Start to learn smali code, so, try to learn modding small apps, today on YouTube have some videos teaching how to smali edit edit specific apps, so you can learn by this way and walking with your own feet after a time