Not open for further replies.

xadf

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
Nov 27, 2020
Germany
Hello,
Today i wanna Mod an Apk ( Egg, Inc)
I saw that He doesnt contains Any .DLL or lib2cpp File. What do to in such a Case?
Any IDA Pro Tutorial?

CRaZYAuf

Platinian
Aug 28, 2020
Russia
Xi yes I advise you to read the beginner's guides.P.s In time everything will work out. Because even experienced modders were newbies too)
Everything will work out

xadf

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
Nov 27, 2020
Germany
Yes, you have to use IDA.
In the tutorial section you will find some for IDA modding.
Hey @Yaskashije , I had succes, but in a few games really all functions are called "sub_xxx", is there a way to get the function names or is it a kind of obfuscation?

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
Hey @Yaskashije , I had succes, but in a few games really all functions are called "sub_xxx", is there a way to get the function names or is it a kind of obfuscation?
All functions in a lib are called sub_xx because they are subroutines. If they have some string that is their "name", it means that subroutine has a symbol.
If you check a libil2cpp, all functions are sub_xx. Why? Because il2cpp has symbols stripped.
Devs can also strip symbols in the native. Depending on the game, they may be recoverable or not.

xadf

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
Nov 27, 2020
Germany
All functions in a lib are called sub_xx because they are subroutines. If they have some string that is their "name", it means that subroutine has a symbol.
If you check a libil2cpp, all functions are sub_xx. Why? Because il2cpp has symbols stripped.
Devs can also strip symbols in the native. Depending on the game, they may be recoverable or not.
And if it is not recoverable, the game is still unmoddable? like Obfuscation on dll?

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
And if it is not recoverable, the game is still unmoddable? like Obfuscation on dll?
Depnds; mabe or maybe not. I'm aware there games with symbols stripped for which mod exists (like Candy Crush Saga).
And yes, similar approach as when you have obfuscated il2cpp.

xadf

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
Nov 27, 2020
Germany
Depnds; mabe or maybe not. I'm aware there games with symbols stripped for which mod exists (like Candy Crush Saga).
And yes, similar approach as when you have obfuscated il2cpp.
Ohh, thanks for this.
Because 9/10 games i tried to mod which are not dll based have only sub-xxx names...

Status
Not open for further replies.