Help! How to mod without dll files

Sushiman

Platinian
Original poster
Feb 1, 2019
FRANCE
Hello,

Any one know how to mod when there is no dll or Assembly files, with dll files that was easy to edit dll and mod, but now i'm facing a problem that there is no more dll files on extracted APK. So i don't know where is the code
I think code can be in class.dex or .so files or even smali files
Can someone help thanks

SentinelVendetta

Platinian
Jun 10, 2018
platinmods.com
If the game doesn't has DLL files then
1. If it has unity.so and libil2cpp file it works on that libil2cpp
2. Otherwise look for .so file probably the biggest one in size generally does the job but exception do exist.
Exception to this also do exist sometimes as there are none of these files in some games.
You can look for tutorials in tutorials section

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
How Sentinel already said, when you can't find any dlls, then its based on another Files.

dlls,libil2cpp.so, xxx.so, can based on Lua too ( but its very rare ), smali modding, xml modding.

Most used is dll, libil2cpp and xxx.so.

Take a look into assets/bin/data/managed
When there is no dll but a "global-metadata", then its based on libil2cpp.so
When assets/bin/data/managed doesn't exist, it is based on xxx.so and you should take the biggest .so in the lib folder which exist.
For that you need IDA.

Sushiman

Platinian
Original poster
Feb 1, 2019
FRANCE
Ok thanks i got method and function but no content with il2cpp way, there is no other way except using IDA ?

nik2143

Jr. PMT Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 30, 2018
Italy
Today i found this file from IDA Pro
It's seem get money..... Is it right? to mod
I don't know the game but in my opinion it isn't related to money in game anyway try it. Remember that Modding is in first way try,error,retry
Remember that devs can name the function with another name for exemple coins,gold,balance

Reactions: octavian97

KissMeBaby

Platinian
Sep 14, 2019
US
I have a question
Each game is different, how to know which mod file is correct.
ex: Game unity mod file?
Game cocos2d mod file yet?
etc .....

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
I have a question
Each game is different, how to know which mod file is correct.
ex: Game unity mod file?
Game cocos2d mod file yet?
etc .....
You never know 100% which method is needed to mod the Game.
Modding is = trying, failing, trying,failing, trying, success.

But in general, the most common are:

.dll based games
libil2cpp.so based Games
GameLib.so based Games. ( that mean mygamelib.so,libcocos,any other .so than libil2cpp.so )

When you don't have a .dll or libil2cpp.so based game, it is recommend to look into the biggest .so file which you can find.
But some Games require swf modding, smali/xml modding, some games have lua etc.
Every Game can be different.

Reactions: kp7742

KissMeBaby

Platinian
Sep 14, 2019
US
So games have their own .obb files.
The game is written in cocos2dx in combination with the lua file inside the apk and has the .so file, which mod file or mod file.
Thanks!!

Attachments

blackace89

Rookie
Dec 3, 2019
Portugal
Probably it is a splitted apk so lib is in another apk called config_armeabi_v7.apk
In tutorial section there are a lot of tutorials to deal with them
Hey appreciate the answer, got it. But where do I find the hidden apk then. Can you link me to a thread abt that topic?
Would be nice of you ty very much

EDIT: I just checked by decompiling that crap there is no second apk (or third nor fourth)
any ideas left?

blackace89

Rookie
Dec 3, 2019
Portugal
It isn't in apk that you have got
Take a look to tutorial sections you can get splitted apk dumping them from your phone or downloading from sites that supporto them
Take a look here How to download single APK with lib folder (For App Bundles/Splitted APK) - Platinmods.com - Android & iOS MODs, Mobile Games & Apps

Perfect thank you very much, i actually got it. I even got to the point where I worked with IDA and modded different functions (simple things, which definetely wont be checked by the server)

Could be pretty off topic, but I hope it's alright

The thing is i forgot abt netmarble's Anti Cheat System, it detects even the smallest change in the libil2cpp.so file.
So i was thinking, i should first nop the hole anti cheat system.
I never had to deal with an anti cheat system, can you give me some tips what to look for?

nik2143

Jr. PMT Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 30, 2018
Italy
Perfect thank you very much, i actually got it. I even got to the point where I worked with IDA and modded different functions (simple things, which definetely wont be checked by the server)

Could be pretty off topic, but I hope it's alright

The thing is i forgot abt netmarble's Anti Cheat System, it detects even the smallest change in the libil2cpp.so file.
So i was thinking, i should first nop the hole anti cheat system.
I never had to deal with an anti cheat system, can you give me some tips what to look for?
I'm sorry.All anticheats are different anyway I suggest you to start with less protected games than netmarble's games

Reactions: blackace89

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
1) All Anticheats are different
2) We don't teach how to bypass any anticheat
3) Netmarble has the best Protection on the whole Mobile market ( between 100% Server-sided Games like Supercell Games logicly ).

Reactions: blackace89

kp7742

Platinian
Oct 3, 2017
India
1) All Anticheats are different
2) We don't teach how to bypass any anticheat
3) Netmarble has the best Protection on the whole Mobile market ( between 100% Server-sided Games like Supercell Games logicly ).
Well Tencent claims MTP is World's leading anticheat what do you think about it when compares it with Netmarble's anticheat