PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Note: This is old tutorial, 25 December 2015

Hello dear community,

I will show you how to edit .csv files using Notepad++. It is very easy to mod.

First of all, you need:
Notepad++ installed on your computer. Download it from here: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/
WinRAR installed on your computer. Download it from here: WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files
Understand how CSV files work. You can read about it here: CSV Comma Separated Value File Format - How To - Creativyst - Explored,Designed,Delivered.(sm)

Part 1: Extract CSV files from the APK file
In this tutorial, I will use "Piano Tiles 2" will be used as example.

Backup the APK file from your device or download APK from online

Right click on the APK file, select Open with -> Choose another app (see screenshot below):

SXHP7Ky.png

Now click on "More apps" and look for another app on your PC (see screenshots below):

MrHfjUO.png

fhoIVBi.png

Find the path where WinRAR is installed (usually C:/Program Files/WinRAR) and click "Open". This way, WinRar will show you the content of the .apk file (see screenshot below):

YS1Dm02.png

Part 2: Extract .csv files

Find the .csv files inside the APK file. If you find it, select all .csv files and copy them into a path (or folder) that you can easily access (see screenshot below):

NhrhGIt.png

Part 3: Open .csv files with Notepad++

IMPORTANT: Do not open .csv files with Excel because it will ruin the whole .csv format.

Right click on a .csv file and select Edit with Notepad++ (see screenshot below):

Ll9UkYT.png

the .csv file will open inside Notepad++.

exp.csv
Remember how CSV file works. I drawed red lines so you can easliy see.

FucBCAZ.png

change them all to 9999 except Lv (see screenshot below):

sJkVKKA.png

This way you'll get 9999 exp after playing every song (see screenshot below):

1CwilBJ.png

Life.csv
In LifeRecovery data, change all to 3 which means the game gives you 1 life every 3 seconds, or you can change Life data to 999999 (see screenshots below):

TKcEpE2.png

6Us0q1t.png

gold.csv
Change all to 999999 to get Unlimited Coins (see screenshots below):

MCVLoDW.png

d60W5tY.png

task.csv
This csv file is about daily rewards. Change life, gold and exp data to 999999 and claim the daily rewards to get unlimited everything (see screenshots below):

vqX3B5k.png

a3sB4bd.png

level.csv
Now this is a bit harder. You have to manually count the columns one by one to find the correct data (see screenshot below):

VNG0aBd.png

Example: I count up to NeedDiamond and the NeedDiamond is #8 (see screenshot below):

E26gasm.png

And in data values section, I counted up to 8 and i see there is the value "10" in NeedDiamond which means a song costs 10 diamond. Remove the 10 or replace it as 0 so it costs nothing (see screenshot below):

inJ3xJx.png

Take a look at those data. This is stars. When you get higher score, you got more stars.

hmjfUTC.png

A7sQRUF.png

So if you change all values to 1, the game will instantly give you 6 stars even your score isn't high enough

y0vJ2FW.png

Save all changes you made in .csv files

Part 4: Replace .csv files and create modded APK

Open the APK file with WinRAR again and replace all modded .csv into the APK file

Place the APK file into APK tool re-sign it, or you can keep it unsigned for rooted devices which allow FB and Google+ sign in

That's all.

Credits:
AndnixSH

Last edited:
Tags
csv file modding modify