TheArmKing

iPMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
iOS Team Leader
Modding-Team
Jul 13, 2017
BUSY
Non-Root/Signed Mods are unable to connect to the Google Play Store, which is at times needed to save your progress. This Data trick might work for some games and allow you to save your progress locally when changing between versions so you don't lose progress. You can use it when moving from a non modded version to a modded version as well.

It have tested it on Score Hero, 8 Ball Hero & Disney Sorcerer's Arena.

Tutorial:
1. Go to /android/data folder. Find the folder of your game, it should be same as the package ID of the game. You can get it from the play store URL of your game. For example the url is https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marsgame.calibriaand then the package ID is com.marsgame.calibriaand
2. Rename the folder, add '1' to the end. So com.marsgame.calibriaand becomes com.marsgame.calibriaand1
3. Uninstall the game
4. Install modded Version
5. Play for some time. Maybe 5 minutes or so - this will make the game generate a new data folder
6. Go back to the data folder. You should see the new data folder, and our old data folder with '1' in its name at the end.
7. Delete the new data folder (Keep our old one with '1' in the name)
8. Rename the data folder back to its original name. So for example, com.marsgame.calibriaand1 becomes com.marsgame.calibriaand
9. Enjoy!

This trick is quite similar to the OBB trick, except we do this with the data folder and play on the new version for some time.

*Video Tutorial might come soon*

zverilius

Just Crazy
Sep 30, 2017
Russia, Moscow
Another way helped me:
Suppose I do not have an unsigned mod apk and on my hands I have only signed mod apk and the original apk. Then I use the following method -

1. Install PlayStore version of the game. Log-in your Google account as normal.
2. Install Titanium Backup. Go to MENU/Preferences
- In Backup setting: tick Always for Backup app external data
- In Restore setting: tick Restore app external data
Then back-up the game you want
3. Uninstall the game and install the mod
4. Go to Titanium backup and choose the game to restore.
Choose Restore APP DATA ONLY.
After finishing restore, log-in the mod game and enjoy
Note: Root is required for this method

Reactions: asiatv

Jnort

Rookie
Jul 26, 2020
Ga
will this data trick work for adding a mod to modern ops? I have been rying to get a mod for awhile and i cant ever get anything to work. Im on level 36 .. Can somebody help please!!!

Triyono Budi

Platinian
Dec 6, 2017
Does this work on Tom Clancy's Elite Squad? Cuz I did this once, and it failed to load my proggress. I lost all my proggress upon reinstalling the game.

Reactions: asiatv