Tutorial How to use Auto-Il2CppDumper to dump protected Il2Cpp games (NO magisk/zygisk)

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Il2CppDumper without Magisk/Zygisk, dump il2cpp data at runtime, can bypass protection, encryption and obfuscation.

This project is based on BrianGIG Auto-Il2cppDumper which I continue to maintain it

Big thanks to @BryanGIG

This may not work with some games with higher protections. Some games can detect tampered lib file, detect tampered APK file, and detect hooking. It is always a matter of time the game developer will improve the protection without notice!

How to use:

Download pre-compiled libs HERE and follow steps below

Note: Non-root methods involves modifying APK file, you may need to bypass APK integrity or signature check if it's present. I won't get into the details of bypassing anything because it is simply out of the scope

Method 1: Fake lib
This is a trick to load our own libunity.so or libmain.so and load game's renamed original lib librealunity.so or librealmain.so. Can't decide which lib? Try libmain.so first as it sometimes work better than libunity.so or vice versa

Root
  • Make sure you know the architecture of the game and your device before proceed
  • Use any file manager app that can access root. Go to /data/data/(package name)/lib or /data/app/(obfuscated name)/(package name-obfuscated name)/lib
  • Rename original libunity.so to librealunity.so or original libmain.so to librealmain.so
  • Put our lib file libunity.so or libmain.so to the lib folder
  • 1.png
Non-root
Some games may have APK integrity and signature check. You may need to bypass it before adding Il2CppDumper
  • Open APK file as ZIP using Winrar. 7zip or other zip utilities
  • Rename game's libunity.so to librealunity.so or libmain.so to librealmain.so
  • Put our fake lib file libunity.so or libmain.so to the lib folder
  • 3.png
  • Zipalign and sign the APK file
  • Install the APK
Method 2: Lib call
If renaming lib doesn't work, try this method. Some games may have APK integrity and signature check. You may need to bypass it before adding Il2CppDumper
  • Decompile the game using Apktool
  • Copy libil2cppdumper.so into the lib folder. Make sure only copy same ABIs as the target app, for example if target app has only armeabi-v7a, then you should only copy armeabi-v7a
  • Search the main activity in AndroidManifest.xml. Example: com.gameloft.android.XamarinMainActivity
XML:
<activity android:configChanges="density|fontScale|keyboard|keyboardHidden|layoutDirection|locale|mcc|mnc|navigation|orientation|screenLayout|screenSize|smallestScreenSize|touchscreen|uiMode" android:label="@string/icon_label" android:launchMode="singleTop" android:multiprocess="false" android:name="com.gameloft.android.XamarinMainActivity" android:resizeableActivity="false" android:screenOrientation="sensorLandscape" android:theme="@style/Theme.acp.notitlebar.fullscreen">
    <intent-filter>
        <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>
        <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>
    </intent-filter>
</activity>
  • Locate the said main activity in the smali folder, can be \smali_classes(number)\com\gameloft\android\XamarinMainActivity.smali if multidex). You must look through all smali classes until you found it
  • Insert this lib call into onCreate function below .locals XX

Code:
    const-string v0, "il2cppdumper"

invoke-static {v0}, Ljava/lang/System;->loadLibrary(Ljava/lang/String;)V
    Code:
    .method protected onCreate(Landroid/os/Bundle;)V

.locals 2

const-string v0, "il2cppdumper"

invoke-static {v0}, Ljava/lang/System;->loadLibrary(Ljava/lang/String;)V

whatever code below
  • Re-compile, zipalign, sign the APK
  • Install the APK
Dumping
  • Run the game
  • Wait a few seconds. Let the game load into main screen
  • Once the dump is complete, it will save the dump.cs in /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/(Package name)/
    2.png
  • If there is no dump.cs, check logcat using Matlog or Android Studio. Game should crash or freeze if dump fails
Deobfuscate il2cpp?
Names can't be deobfuscated. Once they are obfuscated/renamed, it can't be reverted back to original, the game doesn't even kept any original names which makes obfuscation very useful. Instead, try to find older version without obfuscation, or debug the game using GG, frida, gdb, lldb or others. If you can't do any of these, maybe guess the functions and try one by one? :P

Bypassing protection?
Bypassing is not my thing, but if you know, feel free to make a pull request.

Credits

Attachments

Last edited:

Numark

Awesome Active Platinian
May 23, 2017
Would've been great for me with other rooted ideas, but since I lost my rooted device, basically broken. I'm stuck lol

Reactions: AndnixSH

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Would've been great for me with other rooted ideas, but since I lost my rooted device, basically broken. I'm stuck lol
You can use LibDumper on any rooted emulator on PC or rooted VM apps on your phone

benson591

Platinian
Feb 12, 2021
taiwan
what does this mean?When I want to compile and sign apk,it give this error msg :
Work\com.xxx.game\smali\xxx\xxx\game\MainActivity.smali[1,0] required (...)+ loop did not match anything at input '?'
Could not smali file: com/xxx/xxx/MainActivity.smali

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
what does this mean?When I want to compile and sign apk,it give this error msg :
Work\com.xxx.game\smali\xxx\xxx\game\MainActivity.smali[1,0] required (...)+ loop did not match anything at input '?'
Could not smali file: com/xxx/xxx/MainActivity.smali
You did something wrong with the smali. Try again

Galaxy169

Approved Modder
Approved Modder
Apr 28, 2020
Home
Does it work on game with Beebyte obfuscator?
I know deobfuscation is not possible but can it at least remove the fake methods and classes?