Tutorial IDA Pro: How to decompile to pseudocode

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Currently the decompiler supports compiler generated code for the x86, x64, ARM32, ARM64, and PowerPC processors. The pseudocode text is generated on the fly

To generate pseudocode, press F5 on your keyboard or Open subviews -> Generate pseduocode F5

Image 1617444309.png

It will show like this below:

Image 1617444287.png

Did you know: You can press TAB to toggles between the IDA disassembly view and the Pseudocode view. Pressing Tab while staying in the pseudocode window will switch to the disassembly window.

Error: Please use ida (not ida64) to decompile the current file
You are trying to decompile 32-bit executeable file on a 64-bit IDA. Don't mix like that
Decompile 32-bit executeable file on 32-bit IDA. Decompile 64-bit executeable file on 64-bit IDA

See: Interactive operation

Attachments

Last edited:

Kaorin333

Solid & Active Platinian
Jun 11, 2022
Germany
@AndnixSH thanks for the info again but i face a small problem does the new 7,7 version not have the decompiler for arm32 il2cpps?
i googled like you mentioned "(link removed)" if i downlaoed the wrong one which of them would give me the ability to decompile arm32

Last edited by a moderator:

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
@AndnixSH thanks for the info again but i face a small problem does the new 7,7 version not have the decompiler for arm32 il2cpps?
i googled like you mentioned "(link removed)" if i downlaoed the wrong one which of them would give me the ability to decompile arm32
You need old hex-rays fix. I will share it later on PM once I got it uploaded
Link removed because we do not want DMCA

ricardoplatinmods

Platinian
Mar 6, 2023
Indonesia
Sir, I would like to ask something. I have a file called "libcocos2djs.so" and I have edited it using IDA Pro. What confuses me is that when I save the data, the edited file becomes very large in size. Will it be a problem if I include the edited file in the APK? Could you please guide me on this?

Attachments

Vishwa kaz

Platinian
Sep 27, 2021
UK
Hello, I'm unsure to ask could I get a pm to download? mainly because I seem to be dealing with the same problem as the cpp above
I'm trying to restore a deleted app game