Idea/Concept for a PC-based auto-Modding program

UnitChiyo

Awesome Active Platinian
Original poster
Dec 11, 2020
United States
**Idea/Concept for a PC-based auto-Modding program (for Windows/Linux)**

If you or someone you know has skills in programming and developing computer programs, in addition to advanced modding knowledge, please read.

I have no experience in reverse engineering or programming, so I would like to propose a concept for a program that enables you to auto-mod APKs on a basic level. Unity and Non-Unity(native lib) games can be modified. For example, in a puzzle game or a shmup, the program would be able to search for functions that are safe to mod, such as:

-Coins/Gold
-Gems/Diamonds/Crystals
-Lives/Hearts
-Boosters/Props/Power-ups
-Remove/Disable banner and interstitial ads
-The option to sign the modified APK

This is NOT intended to be a replacement for traditional modding, especially when applying to games that require more advanced modding skills(such as hooking, smali editing, IDA Pro, etc.).
The program should be a good alternative to apps like GameGuardian(only for rooted devices), LuckyPatcher, CreeHack, etc.

This is how the program would theoretically work:

-First, click on "Browse" to find and Select an original APK.
-After the APK is selected, click "Start" or "Search". The program will be decompiled, and search for functions that can be modded.
-Wait a while for search to complete (varies by the size of APK).
-A list of functions (associated with currency, boosters, etc.) should appear.
-Select the function(s) you want modded, and enter the value you want. Boolean functions count as Yes/No or True/False (radio buttons).
-Click "Start Mod" to start the program's modding process. This may take a while, depending on the size of the APK.
-When finished, the program will be compiled back into APK. Signing is optional.
-The modified APK will be placed in the program's "Mod/Modded APK" folder with a slightly different file name. Example: "Panda Pop_v11.5.001_jamcity.apk" would become "Panda Pop_v11.5.001_jamcity [mod signed].apk

This program will not succeed with all games, as some games are server-sided and/or have hack detection. If the modded game crashes, repeat the process with different modifications. Some games don't like currencies being modded, for example, but will function properly with just modded lives or boosters.

As I mentioned earlier, this program should be able to modify both Unity and native lib games. Some plugins and other modding features may need to be part of the program's inner workings in order to look through the game's DLLs, libil2cpp.so file (or libMyGame.so or other .so file). Again, this program can only mod the basic functions mentioned above.

Because this is for the purpose of modding games for enjoyment, the program should be free to download and use. There should also be an option to make donations to the developer(s) to show appreciation and support for future updates.

If I'm missing anything(I'm not an expert) or if you have any thoughts about this, feel free to reply to this post. Also, if a program with this description already exists, please let me know what it's called.

Thank you for taking time to read this!

xyzhunter

PMT Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Oct 28, 2020
Indonesia
i don't recommended this , because you must know about cooking like "fried chicken"
check on recipe first. and always DIY (do it yourselves)
always high spirit and motivation when you try cooking
my best is only try and try again. i still learn too about cooking too
sorry my bad , but you must know what i mean

Reactions: UnitChiyo

UnitChiyo

Awesome Active Platinian
Original poster
Dec 11, 2020
United States
i don't recommended this , because you must know about cooking like "fried chicken"
check on recipe first. and always DIY (do it yourselves)
always high spirit and motivation when you try cooking
my best is only try and try again. i still learn too about cooking too
sorry my bad , but you must know what i mean
Hey, thanks for replying! :)
I appreciate your input; very good point as modding is very much like cooking--no shortcuts to a good meal! Even I had to experience many attempts at basic modding, which I am able to do every now and then.
Also, thank you for making such awesome mods! The skills and hard work of all modders always has my respect and appreciation. :tumbsup:

Reactions: xyzhunter

UnitChiyo

Awesome Active Platinian
Original poster
Dec 11, 2020
United States
Definitively impossible , simply because all games are different , with different engine , different developper , different system of code .
Thank you for replying, and I admit I haven’t given enough thought of those things you mentioned. Always helpful to learn from the pros, and thanks again for the insight!