Tool Il2CppDumper CLI compiled for macOS and Linux

L00k Alive

2/3 Games Approved
Apr 22, 2021
Tha World
Hi @AndnixSH I'm having trouble building the latest il2ccp Dumper with dotnet core, could you help me with that? (I'm on MacOS)
What i did:
Install .NET Core (3.1.14)
Download the lastest version's source code.
Extract it in my project folder
Running the command dotnet build --runtime osx-x64
The output:
Code:
Microsoft (R) Build Engine version 16.7.2+b60ddb6f4 for .NET
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Determining projects to restore...
  Restored /Users/Me/Desktop/apktool/test/Il2CppDumper-6.6.2/Il2CppDumper/Il2CppDumper.csproj (in 311 ms).
/usr/local/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.408/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1177,5): error MSB3644: The reference assemblies for .NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2 were not found. To resolve this, install the Developer Pack (SDK/Targeting Pack) for this framework version or retarget your application. You can download .NET Framework Developer Packs at https://aka.ms/msbuild/developerpacks [/Users/Me/Desktop/apktool/test/Il2CppDumper-6.6.2/Il2CppDumper/Il2CppDumper.csproj]
  Il2CppDumper -> /Users/Me/Desktop/apktool/test/Il2CppDumper-6.6.2/Il2CppDumper/bin/Debug/netcoreapp3.1/osx-x64/Il2CppDumper.dll

Build FAILED.

/usr/local/share/dotnet/sdk/3.1.408/Microsoft.Common.CurrentVersion.targets(1177,5): error MSB3644: The reference assemblies for .NETFramework,Version=v4.7.2 were not found. To resolve this, install the Developer Pack (SDK/Targeting Pack) for this framework version or retarget your application. You can download .NET Framework Developer Packs at https://aka.ms/msbuild/developerpacks [/Users/Me/Desktop/apktool/test/Il2CppDumper-6.6.2/Il2CppDumper/Il2CppDumper.csproj]
    0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:02.85

L00k Alive

2/3 Games Approved
Apr 22, 2021
Tha World
So idk why but it require a framwork version not available (to my knowledge) to MacOS.
I don't get it, the target framework of this csproj is <TargetFrameworks>net472;netcoreapp3.1</TargetFrameworks>, I should be able to build since I have the netcoreapp 3.1

Edit #1:
Alright, I found the solution!
I just removed the net472 framework and it worked

Reactions: AndnixSH

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
So idk why but it require a framwork version not available (to my knowledge) to MacOS.
I don't get it, the target framework of this csproj is <TargetFrameworks>net472;netcoreapp3.1</TargetFrameworks>, I should be able to build since I have the netcoreapp 3.1

Edit #1:
Alright, I found the solution!
I just removed the net472 framework and it worked
Lol, sometimes it's acting weird on macOS
I use VS2019 since I have windows

Reactions: L00k Alive

L00k Alive

2/3 Games Approved
Apr 22, 2021
Tha World
Lol, sometimes it's acting weird on macOS
I use VS2019 since I have windows
I just wanted to say thanks because I started this morning to learn how to mod (never touched c sharp in my whole life) and this evening I know the structure of hex in the lib2ccp.so and successfully modded my first game! I had previous experiences but this wouldn't have been possible if you didn't taught me a way to build the il2ccp executable for macOS.
Have a greate day!

Reactions: AndnixSH

BraFaz

Rookie
Oct 6, 2020
Russia
Please help how fix this problem

root@localhost:~/linux-x64# ./Il2CppDumper
bash: ./Il2CppDumper: No such file or directory
root@localhost:~/linux-x64#

bemssd

Rookie
Mar 10, 2023
usa
downloaded from the Box link but getting errors.

Code:
Initializing metadata...
Metadata Version: 27
Initializing il2cpp file...
Il2Cpp Version: 27
Searching...
CodeRegistration : 0
MetadataRegistration : 0
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
   at System.Linq.ThrowHelper.ThrowNoMatchException()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at Il2CppDumper.Macho64.Search() in E:\Project\Github\Il2CppDumper-6.6.2\Il2CppDumper\ExecutableFormats\Macho64.cs:line 202
   at Il2CppDumper.Program.Init(String il2cppPath, String metadataPath, Metadata& metadata, Il2Cpp& il2Cpp) in E:\Project\Github\Il2CppDumper-6.6.2\Il2CppDumper\Program.cs:line 210
ERROR: An error occurred while processing.
Press any key to exit...

bemssd

Rookie
Mar 10, 2023
usa
downloaded from the Box link but getting errors.

Code:
Initializing metadata...
Metadata Version: 27
Initializing il2cpp file...
Il2Cpp Version: 27
Searching...
CodeRegistration : 0
MetadataRegistration : 0
System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
   at System.Linq.ThrowHelper.ThrowNoMatchException()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at Il2CppDumper.Macho64.Search() in E:\Project\Github\Il2CppDumper-6.6.2\Il2CppDumper\ExecutableFormats\Macho64.cs:line 202
   at Il2CppDumper.Program.Init(String il2cppPath, String metadataPath, Metadata& metadata, Il2Cpp& il2Cpp) in E:\Project\Github\Il2CppDumper-6.6.2\Il2CppDumper\Program.cs:line 210
ERROR: An error occurred while processing.
Press any key to exit...

Used UnityFramework.framework files instead of the app binary, all working fine.

Cebada23

Rookie
Mar 12, 2023
United States
ERROR
Process terminated. Couldn't find a valid ICU package installed on the system. Set the configuration flag System.Globalization.Invariant to true if you want to run with no globalization support.

Abysoftware

Rookie
Sep 5, 2021
Türkiye
Initializing metadata...
System.NotSupportedException: ERROR: Metadata file supplied is not a supported version[-30].
at Il2CppDumper.Metadata..ctor(Stream stream) in E:\Project\Github\Il2CppDumper-6.6.2\Il2CppDumper\Il2Cpp\Metadata.cs:line 53
at Il2CppDumper.Program.Init(String il2cppPath, String metadataPath, Metadata& metadata, Il2Cpp& il2Cpp) in E:\Project\Github\Il2CppDumper-6.6.2\Il2CppDumper\Program.cs:line 126
at Il2CppDumper.Program.Main(String[] args) in E:\Project\Github\Il2CppDumper-6.6.2\Il2CppDumper\Program.cs:line 100
Press any key to exit...