Help! il2cppdumper message -{ Unable to read beyond the end of the stream }-

zakodai

Platinian
Original poster
Feb 6, 2018
Hello guys, I tried to mod a game that has il2cpp protection I dumped il2cpp from GG to bypass protection but after putting the address there is a new problem came

Capture34.PNG

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
Good chances game has further protection or other reasons.
It's reasonable to assume devs know ppl will try to dump stuff with GG because is a known method to be tried, so it's not strange they put stronger protection so that this method fails.

Reactions: zakodai

zakodai

Platinian
Original poster
Feb 6, 2018
Good chances game has further protection or other reasons.
It's reasonable to assume devs know ppl will try to dump stuff with GG because is a known method to be tried, so it's not strange they put stronger protection so that this method fails.
Yes bro, I think that also but I want to understand the deep reason how the devs can protect it, what's ideas they used to protect it or something like that. And I want to ask you can I use IDA in this case?

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
Yes bro, I think that also but I want to understand the deep reason how the devs can protect it, what's ideas they used to protect it or something like that. And I want to ask you can I use IDA in this case?
You can try using IDA, but you won't go far because il2cpp has all symbols stripped.

are you sure that was address ? that's too long
It's the address found in the ram the moment you dump the game, not the offset relative to the base lib.

Reactions: zakodai