Jul 2, 2022
Japan
Reactions: Minhhackios

dorlax

Platinian
Jul 2, 2022
Japan
I use it on my jailbroken phone, not sure about non sorry
No worries. I do have a theory is that you can maybe decompile the app using theos and modify the code using xcode which is how you add a menu button in there then compile it into an ipa and sign the app using sideloadly. Do you think that's possible?

Reactions: Minhhackios

·҉ dollaz·҉. .

Approved iModder
Approved iModder
Mar 26, 2021
Somewhere
No worries. I do have a theory is that you can maybe decompile the app using theos and modify the code using xcode which is how you add a menu button in there then compile it into an ipa and sign the app using sideloadly. Do you think that's possible?
Your theory, I do not think is possible. However, you could probably use ted's mod menu but you have to use a hook to not make it crash, since jailed phones are "sandboxed" or some shit I read earlier. So basically once you have made the mod menu tweak/deb using ted's template, use IpaPatcher from github to combine two easily, then sign the IPA with ldid.

dorlax

Platinian
Jul 2, 2022
Japan
Your theory, I do not think is possible. However, you could probably use ted's mod menu but you have to use a hook to not make it crash, since jailed phones are "sandboxed" or some shit I read earlier. So basically once you have made the mod menu tweak/deb using ted's template, use IpaPatcher from github to combine two easily, then sign the IPA with ldid.
Ah got it. So in a sense I have to make either a static or dynamic library, create my feature and force inject my libraries into Pokemon Go for it to work right?

·҉ dollaz·҉. .

Approved iModder
Approved iModder
Mar 26, 2021
Somewhere
Ah got it. So in a sense I have to make either a static or dynamic library, create my feature and force inject my libraries into Pokemon Go for it to work right?
Use this

Then create your tweak, but use only hooks

then use ipapatch to combine the deb file that contains your dylib with the ipa.
you will need to sign this IPA. And ldid works for me.Ive never used sideloadly but you could also try that

this ipa patcher combines the debian file and the ipa

you can use this to do something close to your theory

dorlax

Platinian
Jul 2, 2022
Japan
Use this

Then create your tweak, but use only hooks

then use ipapatch to combine the deb file that contains your dylib with the ipa.
you will need to sign this IPA. And ldid works for me.Ive never used sideloadly but you could also try that

this ipa patcher combines the debian file and the ipa

you can use this to do something close to your theory
Thank you so much. I did some researched and found those tools you mentioned too. Btw do I need to crack Pokemon Go by stripping any DRMs or do I just extract the pokemon go IPA to my computer and start modifying it from there? Another question would be, can I extract without jailbreaking my phone? I can't seem to find a site to download IPAs except for using AC which can be slow and inefficient.