Tutorial [iOS] Using LLDB w/ Watchpoints and a memory editor to find and test offsets! [No IDA]

jkof

Platinian
Mar 28, 2020
France
@TheArmKing Thx for the tut :)
Since you are using lldb remotely, have you ever encountered this kind of error using lldb :
connection to *ip address* closed by remote host.

(no anti debug in the game since i could debug it with NewTerm but not with ssh)
thanks

TheArmKing

iPMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
iOS Team Leader
Modding-Team
Jul 13, 2017
BUSY
@TheArmKing Thx for the tut :)
Since you are using lldb remotely, have you ever encountered this kind of error using lldb :
connection to *ip address* closed by remote host.

(no anti debug in the game since i could debug it with NewTerm but not with ssh)
thanks
Try doing this over USB for a more stable connection. SSH Over USB - iPhone Development Wiki

Other than that, sometimes it's a memory issue with lldb not being able to freeze it for too long. But if it works on-device with NewTerm this might not be the case.

TheArmKing

iPMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
iOS Team Leader
Modding-Team
Jul 13, 2017
BUSY
i also tried this way but same issue at around 10 seconds after the game launch. thanks for the answer
When connecting over USB are you sure your device isn't constantly reconnecting (and making the charging sound)? Mine does that for some reason.

jkof

Platinian
Mar 28, 2020
France
When connecting over USB are you sure your device isn't constantly reconnecting (and making the charging sound)? Mine does that for some reason.
yep my device is constantly charging when USB ssh. i think it’s probably my device RAM then but... 2GB should be more then enough.

TheArmKing

iPMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
iOS Team Leader
Modding-Team
Jul 13, 2017
BUSY
yep my device is constantly charging when USB ssh. i think it’s probably my device RAM then but... 2GB should be more then enough.
If you have a mac then try running sudo killall -STOP -c usbd in terminal and then connect your device, and then run ssh