Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
Hello there,

Part 1 (kinda): Modding libil2cpp.so games tutorial for beginners - Platinmods.com - Android & iOS MODs, Mobile Games & Apps

Foreword:
This tutorial won't cover dumping and trivial stuff every other tutorial online already covers, so don't ask for those missing steps since I won't cover them. You may check that "Part 1" tut where they are shown, you may check some other tut, idc.
Some of you who check my posts, might have read that I'm always saying IDA was requiered in a considerable amount of of il2cpp games I modded. This tutorial covers this case.
(This means that, if you are a beginner, there's chances you will miss the real point of this tutorial. Every game is it's particular case).
Programs used are the same for il2cpp, plus IDA.

Without further ado:

Hidden content
** You must be signed up and reply to the thread or click 'Like' under this post before you can see the hidden links contained here. **
If you still facing issues revealing the hidden links, please read this.

WHITE DRAGON

Platinian
Jul 11, 2020
UNKNOWN
bro didn`t understand this part
We assume this function will return us the Atk value, and the only final register is R0, so we go to the last VMOV instruction (0x27EB2F8)

Reactions: wael007

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
bro didn`t understand this part
We assume this function will return us the Atk value, and the only final register is R0, so we go to the last VMOV instruction (0x27EB2F8)
Understanding how compilation works, we know R0 is most probably the register that manages the value we're interested in.
It is explained in the previous line.

Reactions: WHITE DRAGON

WHITE DRAGON

Platinian
Jul 11, 2020
UNKNOWN
Understanding how compilation works, we know R0 is most probably the register that manages the value we're interested in.
It is explained in the previous line.
i mean this part so we go to the last VMOV instruction (0x27EB2F8) why we get to the last one?!

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
i mean this part so we go to the last VMOV instruction (0x27EB2F8) why we get to the last one?!

Because that's how things work.

"This tutorial won't cover dumping and trivial stuff every other tutorial online already covers" " you may check some other tut ".
This is not an IDA modding tutorial, it's to show that IDA may be needed for il2cpp games (most tutorials online never consider this case, so unexperienced modders never try to find features using IDA).
You will need to acquiere asm knowledge so you will be able to understand ARM instructions. By understanding them, you will perfectly see why I went straight to 0x27EB2F8 (and you would also see that that's only one of the possible ways to approach this feature).

xyzhunter

PMT Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Oct 28, 2020
Indonesia
if you're first play that game, i mean tensura just press screen (loading game) it until see log screen.