Help! Modding don't working

Napst3r

Platinian
Original poster
Apr 7, 2018
Brazil
Hi Guys.

I started to study how to mod in a lot of tutorials here in PTM and in Youtube.

Well.. after watched a lot of videos I downloaded the tools needed to do this:

>Il2cppDumper
>DnSpy
>HxD
>ApkEasyTool

So, i did the processes by the normal step-by-step, like:
>Decompile APK (i use the last FruitNinja)
>From the Decompile Folder, i took the libil2cpp and metadata for Dump
>After dump i put the AssemblyDll in DnSpy to study and try to found simple thins like: "Get_gems" and "Disable_Advertising"
>After took the addresses, i replace then in HxD with some HEX codes that i took here to "infinite value" for gems and TRUE for DisableAdvertising
>With the libil2cpp saved, i replace the file in the decompile lib folder and compile with APKEasy
>Took the zip, put in the smartphone, install and..... NOTHING.

I tried this 3x times and nothing, none of codes works..

So, am I doing something wrong on those steps? Forgotten something? I realy don't know!! :(

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
There could me more functions that manage this stuff, or whatever.
Maybe you used a value too big in get_gems, maybe disable advertising requieres a return false instead.
Search for other interesting functions too.

We can't offer you a proper answer to this, just to keep trying.

Extra note:

It's not really easy to find proper stuffon your first try, and if it doesn't work the 1st time, doing the same 2 more times won't change the outcome.
Modding a game could take from 15 minutes to weeks worth of time.

Tutorials only show cases in which modder already knows what to look for, thats why it seems fast and easy; decompile, dump, find function, change and all set up.

Actual process could be that in the tutorial, or this:
Decompile, dump, open in IDA, search, test, fail, search for something else, test, fail, ... , scream in pain, ... , suffer at the futility of existence, ... , test, eureka it works!, mod exists.

Napst3r

Platinian
Original poster
Apr 7, 2018
Brazil
Yeah... you totally right.
Watching these youtube videos make my mind works: Oh, it is only that? I could do this, it is EASY! But no.

The truth is that is easy in some ways, but in the real world i will need to study more things, try more things, scream in pain more times ahahaha.

Even you told that is no a proper answer, i think that your answer was properly. So thanks anyway!!

Reactions: Yaskashije

IneshS21

Platinian
Oct 24, 2020
Try to follow Armkings YouTube videos and mikacybertron s YouTube videos and learn to mod.
1. If you're new to mod first search for an one value at a time (ex:gems).
2. Them try to edit the hex but don't use infinity values.
3. Everytime you fail don't giveup , learn some programming languages (you can learn them from just from a Google search).

I think you will be a good modder
(Sorry for any language mistakes ?)

IneshS21

Reactions: Akeshfer and Borg11

JinRoh

Platinian
Dec 1, 2019
Pasay Philippines
Try to follow Armkings YouTube videos and mikacybertron s YouTube videos and learn to mod.
1. If you're new to mod first search for an one value at a time (ex:gems).
2. Them try to edit the hex but don't use infinity values.
3. Everytime you fail don't giveup , learn some programming languages (you can learn them from just from a Google search).

I think you will be a good modder
(Sorry for any language mistakes ?)

IneshS21
I don't have a pc to use sir! If i have to i can. Sorry for being poor that's why i waiting for this mod in years but no one makes it sorry. I'll wait for the mod even how long it take or not ?

IneshS21

Platinian
Oct 24, 2020
Yes we can mod using android but you need basic knowledge of c#,Java .
If you know these contact me I will help you.
If you don't know just don't worry you can learn those by watching YouTube or Google search.