Motivation on making mods

JasonDee

Platinian
Original poster
Jul 6, 2022
Germany
Hello modders and mod enjoyers,

I am a member on this forum for a little while now and just want to hear a Modders perspective on making mods and what goals are there to accomplish for you.

I want to give you some information on why I am writing on this. I was testing a good amount of mods the last months and there is something odd for me at least. Most mods I played coming platinmods and varies other sites always try to give you unlimited resources or god mode. These mods clearly enable a playstyle where you do not need to engage with mechanics in most games trying to give you a somewhat challenging experience. Therefore a lot of these games with said mods always get pretty dull even after some minutes of gameplay. I don't know if that's the case just for me but it is what it is.

So I was searching more and more for mods that enable a better gameplay experience while preserving the challenging aspect of the game. For example mods with unlimited energy were my go to. Unfortunately there were far more games getting modded for god mode, unlimited resources and so on.

So here is me wondering why there are a lot of mods being made that way. I found a lot of modded games that I like on this wonderful forum but only few that meet my preferences. Is it only me that thinks that way or is there another reason behind it?

Greetings to all

rtx9600

Rookie
Oct 15, 2022
Washington DC
I'd like to figure out how to get server files for a smaller/unpopular (then create a mod to redirect to a private server for the handful of people who actually play)

Neihe

Platinian
Jun 1, 2021
-
I think of it as a challenge. It is like a riddle I need to solve. Most of the mods have unlimited XXXX mods because it is one of the most requested mods. Another reason is that most games calculate something like HP in the app and only send the final result to the server.
Energy or tries are in most cases server-side managed so it is not possible / to much effort to mod them.

I like the trend of mod menus. Then it is your choice if you want to play with mods or not. I like to gain progress with a mod and continue on my own.