My phone stopped working! (Help)

NewAccount99282828

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
Jul 17, 2022
America
So I downloaded bunch of moded apps in my non rooted phone (samsung s7 edge) and now all of the sudden the screen turned black and it powered off I think. And now put it on charging to soo long but it’s not powering back ON.

what do I do. Plz help

Jun 20, 2022
Try checking if your power button is obstructed or not. Open your device back cover and clear the button once. (If you can open). Don't worry your device can't get hard bricked without root.

Battousai07

Passed away...We will not forget you....
Retired but loved <3
Oct 13, 2017
Heaven
Try checking if your power button is obstructed or not. Open your device back cover and clear the button once. (If you can open). Don't worry your device can't get hard bricked without root.
My s10+ power button got stuck (sticky) and got stuck pressing down... Couldn't turn it on, so I got rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball to wipe down the button with enough to get soaked and after a few seconds *tadahh* fixed. But what this guy is experiencing may have to do with the overlay of menu mods... He didn't close the app/game properly with the back button but instead dropping it into recents where the menu will still be on screen blocking screen until force stopped ... Idk but I've never had this problem and I've been here 5 years...

Battousai07

Retired but loved <3
Oct 13, 2017
Heaven
try booting your phone to recovery mode

• Boot into Galaxy S7 recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Home keys.
  • While pressing these, hold the Power key too.
  • Release all three buttons when Samsung Galaxy S7 screen flickers and you see the logo.
  • Once in Recovery mode, you will have to use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.

then try to clear cache or something to get your phone starting up... lol its the only thing i can think of atm :pepe015:

NewAccount99282828

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
Jul 17, 2022
America
It’s not the power button because I hear the tick sound when I press the button. I think it’s not the power button it’s something else

NewAccount99282828

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
Jul 17, 2022
America
My s10+ power button got stuck (sticky) and got stuck pressing down... Couldn't turn it on, so I got rubbing alcohol and a cotton ball to wipe down the button with enough to get soaked and after a few seconds *tadahh* fixed. But what this guy is experiencing may have to do with the overlay of menu mods... He didn't close the app/game properly with the back button but instead dropping it into recents where the menu will still be on screen blocking screen until force stopped ... Idk but I've never had this problem and I've been here 5 years...
If so how do I fix it? Nothing is responding, phone is black screen. Can’t do anything

NewAccount99282828

Solid & Active Platinian
Original poster
Jul 17, 2022
America
try booting your phone to recovery mode

• Boot into Galaxy S7 recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Home keys.
  • While pressing these, hold the Power key too.
  • Release all three buttons when Samsung Galaxy S7 screen flickers and you see the logo.
  • Once in Recovery mode, you will have to use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.

then try to clear cache or something to get your phone starting up... lol its the only thing i can think of atm :pepe015:
I tried it but it’s not responding. Than I tried the volume down button instead. than something popped up, it wasn’t the android/Samsung logo. It had some writing and 2 options, to download or Cancel. I pressed cancel first but it took me back to nothing the black screen. Than I did the whole thing again and I pressed download, Than it said something like Downloading Odin mode. It was stuck at downloading screen for soo long than I long press the volume down button to cancel it. And Now the whole screen turned black again and Now when I try the power button and volume button together, it doesn’t do anything now. Still stuck at black screen

Battousai07

Retired but loved <3
Oct 13, 2017
Heaven
Download mode is for installing custom rom for Android or flashing rom.
"How to Exit Download Mode on SAMSUNG G930F Galaxy S7?"

If you need to leave Download mode, hold down at the same time the Power button and the Volume Down until the screen lights off. Your SAMSUNG G930F Galaxy S7 will be rebooted into the normal mode.