Tool Premade Rooted WSA with Playstore + How to Build and Root Windows Subsystem For Android Yourself!

Betbotgun

Platinian
Original poster
Jun 28, 2020
Hell
Hello Friends!

I wanted to provide knowledge on how to root WSA for Windows 11.

The original guide where updates would happen: How To Root Your Desired Flavor of WSA and install the Playstore Using LSPosed & Magisk. Plus a Premade

How to use the LSPosed Github Repo on a linux machine to build your desired flavor of WSA with GAPPS and Root.

If you do not already have a Linux machine or WSL, I have a fully built and ready to go machine for you here. See the prebuilt spoiler. I am using this exact machine in the video and begin the video by showing how to add the machine to VMWARE WORKSTATION 17

On your linux machine, run these commands
Code:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt install git adb
git clone https://github.com/LSPosed/MagiskOnWSALocal.git
cd MagiskOnWSALocal/scripts
./run.sh
When the machine is finished downloading the dependencies, you will be greeted with a series of choices, you may choose what you like
1.PNG
2.PNG
3.PNG
4.PNG
5.PNG
6.PNG
7.PNG
8.PNG
9.PNG
10.png
When it is finished building the zip file for us, it will be located in the output folder. Copy that zip to your Windows desktop.

Make sure if you have previously installed WSA, you uninstall WSA, then extract the new WSA and execute run.bat.

The playstore should appear after the windows dependencies are installed, and allow you to login at this point
11.png
12.png
Now open windows subsystem for android and select the developer tab, turn on developer options.
22.png
Here's a way to install adb quickly using powershell and chocolatey.

Open powershell as admin and type:
Code:
Set-ExecutionPolicy Bypass -Scope Process -Force; [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol -bor 3072; iex ((New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString('https://community.chocolatey.org/install.ps1'))

choco install adb
Now go into the same folder as your apk you want to install and open command prompt, run:
Code:
adb connect 127.0.0.1:58526
adb install yourapkname.apk
Now you have full root with playstore on WSA!

If you want a copy of the Rooted WSA I built in the video, it can be located here:
wsa.zip (839M) This is the Retail Android 12 version Rooted with Playstore
If you download this you can skip the Linux steps and jump right to the run.bat step (skip to 2:39 in the video) to finish fully rooting WSA

Last edited: