Help! Spoofing nickname on photon games

RazerTexz

Platinian
Original poster
May 17, 2020
the void
Okay, after thinking about it for a while it makes sense that u can return the new string, because the method isn't a void (method that doesn't return a value) which in this case it can return strings.
I take this back, im stupid to realize lol thats its the same thing but now the name is printed out too inside the get_Nickname hook

Backshift

Solid & Active Platinian
Oct 10, 2023
I don't have much information about instance but i think instance is the memory address of the class? (correct me if im wrong)
For the most part yes, the "this pointer", will be the memory address to an instance of the class rather than the memory address of "the" class.

Remember that you can have multiple instances of a class, take a simple singleplayer game there is likely a Player class, you, so only one, but there could be 10 enemies, each enemy will be an instance of the Enemy Class and any time a non static method in the enemy class is acting upon an enemy "this" will be the current enemy in C# which in turn for il2cpp the void* instance parameter will be the memory address of the enemy being processed in the current context.

Reactions: RazerTexz

RazerTexz

Platinian
Original poster
May 17, 2020
the void
For the most part yes, the "this pointer", will be the memory address to an instance of the class rather than the memory address of "the" class.

Remember that you can have multiple instances of a class, take a simple singleplayer game there is likely a Player class, you, so only one, but there could be 10 enemies, each enemy will be an instance of the Enemy Class and any time a non static method in the enemy class is acting upon an enemy "this" will be the current enemy in C# which in turn for il2cpp the void* instance parameter will be the memory address of the enemy being processed in the current context.
Thanks for the information about instance!
Here is my research:
- Classes are like templates, while instances are the actual objects that do the work.
- Instance is a specific object created from a class, with its own unique values for it's properties.
- The "void* instance parameter" is a parameter in a function that's specifically designed to receive the memory address of an object instance. It allows the function to directly access and modify the properties and methods of that particular object.

If i'm still wrong (correct me, again)

CodeJutsu

Platinian
Oct 1, 2023
Thanks for the information about instance!
Here is my research:
- Classes are like templates, while instances are the actual objects that do the work.
- Instance is a specific object created from a class, with its own unique values for it's properties.
- The "void* instance parameter" is a parameter in a function that's specifically designed to receive the memory address of an object instance. It allows the function to directly access and modify the properties and methods of that particular object.

If i'm still wrong (correct me, again)
I really admire people like you keep it up

Backshift

Solid & Active Platinian
Oct 10, 2023
Yes, although, if you want to know more information on it, the correct term in programming concepts is: Object Oriented Programming, your not wrong though, just clarifying in case you want ever want to research more, since templates are actually a thing in languages like C++ that are something else.

Yes

Yes again :)

Well done really, I see alot of people wanting to mod games because they see shiny cheats and aimbots, but dont have any interest in actually learning how it works, CodeJustu will relate to this lol, so credit to you.

RazerTexz

Platinian
Original poster
May 17, 2020
the void
Yes, although, if you want to know more information on it, the correct term in programming concepts is: Object Oriented Programming, your not wrong though, just clarifying in case you want ever want to research more, since templates are actually a thing in languages like C++ that are something else.

Yes

Yes again :)

Well done really, I see alot of people wanting to mod games because they see shiny cheats and aimbots, but dont have any interest in actually learning how it works, CodeJustu will relate to this lol, so credit to you.
Thanks for the feedback!
Before i even created this thread, i research as much as i can.

Reactions: Backshift