Tutorial Substrate Hooking Template for Android

SecretMyAss

Platinian
Original poster
Skilled
Jul 16, 2018
Netherlands
Hi,

I know most of you just patch offsets directly with creating hacks, which is fine.
However, sometimes hooking a function can be very useful, for example when you're trying to unlink a feature.

Some time ago I made a simple template, so I thought I'd share it here.

The Github link is: joeyjurjens/Android-Hooking-Template
The instructions will be there too, if you've any message you can either message me here or on discord.

I'll include KittyMemory with it soon, so offsets can be patched from the library.
You might want to use this, so people can't just compare your modded binary with a clean binary.

Have fun! :)

Last edited:

BMD4E

Platinian On Fire
Apr 4, 2017
US
Is it possible to hook multiple libs armv7 + arm64 + x86?
and can you make a template of pthread hooking method? I have heard someone recommended pthread

SecretMyAss

Platinian
Original poster
Skilled
Jul 16, 2018
Netherlands
and can you make a template of pthread hooking method? I have heard someone recommended pthread
The names of those libs are the same, it will hook the one the user has.
& I've never heard of it, so no.

Mr Ikso

Solid & Active Platinian
Dec 6, 2017
Ukraine
for ideas for each architecture to write one more lib and throw in the right folder

Reactions: HizroMxDz

Mr Ikso

Solid & Active Platinian
Dec 6, 2017
Ukraine
It’s better to have only one lib in your modded apk. No one has a device that runs x86 anymore. arm64 can run armv7, aka keep armv7 & remove others.
I know that armeabi-v7a is a universal platform, but x86 emulators work better, arm64 is relevant in the modern world.

Reactions: Lorax3D
Tags
android code injection hook substrate