Help! Two values have the same offset?

TagsX

Platinian
Original poster
May 29, 2023
saudi-arabia
There is two values from two different dlls from il2cpp.so have the same offset

I found out that two values from different dlls share the same offset, how would the game be modded
If two values share the same offset

Code example:

C#:
[FieldOffset(Offset = "0x30")]
private double SomeValue;
C#:
[FieldOffset(Offset = "0x30")]
public string Id;

Is it because the different data types or one is private other is public, I don't think so.

Note: this is a real code from a game but I changed the values names

Reactions: asdasdasdasd2222222
Apr 14, 2023
U.S.A
I don't know the contextual background, but, since they're existing in different classes, there shouldn't be any problem. For example, 2 classes could be identical, the same field offsets, the same type of offset, if both use a different update function, there wouldn't occur any error. Otherwise, if the both field offsets exist in the same class, then, that seems to be an obfuscation (not sure, though).

Reactions: TagsX

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
Thread will be set to "solved" and closed.
When you're not happy with that just send me a message and i will re-open the thread for you.

Thanks.

TagsX

Platinian
Original poster
May 29, 2023
saudi-arabia
I don't know the contextual background, but, since they're existing in different classes, there shouldn't be any problem. For example, 2 classes could be identical, the same field offsets, the same type of offset, if both use a different update function, there wouldn't occur any error. Otherwise, if the both field offsets exist in the same class, then, that seems to be an obfuscation (not sure, though).
I'm using HxD editor to edit the offeet(in il2cpp.so) of the value "SomeValue" but is that means I'm editing the value "Id"?, is that why i can't install the game even after signing the apk. And i made those examples to make the question more general

Apr 14, 2023
U.S.A
I'm using HxD editor to edit the offeet(in il2cpp.so) of the value "SomeValue" but is that means I'm editing the value "Id"?, is that why i can't install the game even after signing the apk. And i made those examples to make the question more general
As i have understood from your comment, you are trying to edit a field offset directly in the library? Well, that's probably the cause of the game crashing. Trying to modify a field offset in HxD, it's not possible, so, i suggest you to inform yourself, and study modding deeper, to understand. Also, signing will not help with anything, if you initially just tried modifying a field offset in the lib.

TagsX

Platinian
Original poster
May 29, 2023
saudi-arabia
As i have understood from your comment, you are trying to edit a field offset directly in the library? Well, that's probably the cause of the game crashing. Trying to modify a field offset in HxD, it's not possible, so, i suggest you to inform yourself, and study modding deeper, to understand. Also, signing will not help with anything, if you initially just tried modifying a field offset in the lib.
That's correct but any suggestions of where and how to start modding deeper. My least goal is to see how the game function

Apr 14, 2023
U.S.A
That's correct but any suggestions of where and how to start modding deeper. My least goal is to see how the game function
I advice you to search for tutorials on this website, since there are plenty of them, and after you seriously analyze and study, you'll automatically understand the structure of the respective game.

Reactions: TagsX