Help! Unity Game which contains libil2cpp.so

Deadteea

Platinian On Fire
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Kotoamatsukami
Hello I've got a question about modding an Unity Game which is protect with a libil2cpp.so file. In my case I want to remove the Premium Choice from the Game, which would normally consume the InGame currency. So where can I found the Offset, which will change the Code to remove the Premium Choice?

Edit: I tried to use NOP, to ignore the the Premium function, which would require InGame Currency. Somehow it still doesn't work *sigh* Also are the Hex Codes between ARM64 and ARM7 the same or are they different to each other?

And yes don't mind the title, it's stupid Ik

Last edited:

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
You need to find the offset in the libil2cpp.so file itself using a program like HxD.
Instructions are different, so make sure you delete Arm v8a folder, and just mod Armeabi one.
Function is a bool; nopping won't work on it. Learn the basics of c programming to understand why, and what should you do.

Deadteea

Platinian On Fire
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Kotoamatsukami
You need to find the offset in the libil2cpp.so file itself using a program like HxD.
Instructions are different, so make sure you delete Arm v8a folder, and just mod Armeabi one.
Function is a bool; nopping won't work on it. Learn the basics of c programming to understand why, and what should you do.
Bruh nvm, might found a solution.

Deadteea

Platinian On Fire
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Kotoamatsukami
You could also search the function for the premium currency (in most cases it’s like get_Diamonds, get_Gems or getDiamonds and so on) - it would just be bad if the game is server sided ?
Well it is sadly, since they updated their Security. The only way to mod the game is to mod the function get_Premium_Choice.

Deadteea

Platinian On Fire
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Kotoamatsukami
And is it a simple bool? Then you can simply return it to false I guess
Well @Bedo13 told me, that he tried to mod this Functions before but somehow it doesn't worked. But Ik that it is possible because someone from AR modded some of the latest Games and it worked fine. Soo I'll test it later again when I've got time for it.

Deadteea

Platinian On Fire
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Kotoamatsukami
So I tested a few functions, but somehow I still don't understand why it reduces Rubies. The function,,isAlreadyPurchased" means that I already purchased the Choice for Rubies. If I would change the Function,,isPremiumChoice" to False, then it wouldn't want Rubies for it right?

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
So I tested a few functions, but somehow I still don't understand why it reduces Rubies. The function,,isAlreadyPurchased" means that I already purchased the Choice for Rubies. If I would change the Function,,isPremiumChoice" to False, then it wouldn't want Rubies for it right?
Maybe they work separatelly, and devs use this "ispremium" for visual, or added data, that doesnt affect its cost.

Deadteea

Platinian On Fire
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Kotoamatsukami
Maybe they work separatelly, and devs use this "ispremium" for visual, or added data, that doesnt affect its cost.
Yeah... the IsAlreadyPurchased function is visual cause I tested it already, but I must note that I didn't use the Code for the Bool Function. I used 01 00 A0 E3 1E FF 2F E1 instead of 01 00 A0 E3 1E FF 2F E1. However it just removed the Visual from the Choice soo...

Deadteea

Platinian On Fire
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Kotoamatsukami
So I tried to mod the Function ,,isPremiumChoice" to False=Result when Game is signed= Crash. When I made the apk unsigned then the Game won't install. Maybe I have to change the function to True ?

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
So I tried to mod the Function ,,isPremiumChoice" to False=Result when Game is signed= Crash. When I made the apk unsigned then the Game won't install. Maybe I have to change the function to True ?
If you didnt screw, maybe it has protection.
You cant install unsigned on non rooted devices

Deadteea

Platinian On Fire
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Kotoamatsukami
If you didnt screw, maybe it has protection.
You cant install unsigned on non rooted devices
Ik that fact dw. Anyway I changed the function isPremiumChoice to True and it crashed again. There are also some functions like setRubies or getRubies but I don't think the Modder changed those function from a different Game.

Deadteea

Platinian On Fire
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Kotoamatsukami
Sigh* it's hopeless. I don't know which function the Modder used bc every single function I tried to change, which I had hoped were the only ones that would make it possible to didn't gave me the result I wanted.

вяфκзη

Awesome Active Platinian
Apr 30, 2020
ɲ๏ţ ɨď€ɲţɨƒɨ€ď ąя€ą
Sigh* it's hopeless. I don't know which function the Modder used bc every single function I tried to change, which I had hoped were the only ones that would make it possible to didn't gave me the result I wanted.
You should start with games that are “easier” like temple run if you are still a beginner.. with time you get better and understand more than you do right now and maybe you come back to this game and try your best ?

Deadteea

Platinian On Fire
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Kotoamatsukami
You should start with games that are “easier” like temple run if you are still a beginner.. with time you get better and understand more than you do right now and maybe you come back to this game and try your best ?
Well sadly no... I'm only interested into those Games. Ik what u mean but even when I start with easier games, it won't change my view

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
Well sadly no... I'm only interested into those Games. Ik what u mean but even when I start with easier games, it won't change my view
Well, thing is, when you follow a tutorial, it feels pretty straight forward.
Like, we put this keyword, we find the feature, we patch, task fulfilled within minutes.

But in reality, you may have to try several keywords, that could have the order of hundreds of matchings in the dump.cs, patching a bx lr may break the stack so you may have to use IDA, etc
Since there are more CoG out there, you may try modding them; since some of them may be easier than the one you have on yur hands rn.

Deadteea

Platinian On Fire
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Kotoamatsukami
Well, thing is, when you follow a tutorial, it feels pretty straight forward.
Like, we put this keyword, we find the feature, we patch, task fulfilled within minutes.

But in reality, you may have to try several keywords, that could have the order of hundreds of matchings in the dump.cs, patching a bx lr may break the stack so you may have to use IDA, etc
Since there are more CoG out there, you may try modding them; since some of them may be easier than the one you have on yur hands rn.
True story man but it won't change my view of it. Somehow I'll find a solution and if not... well then I just have to keep patience until someone updated those Mods.

Deadteea

Platinian On Fire
Original poster
Apr 9, 2020
Kotoamatsukami
And yes u were right. Those was just an easier one. The newest Games have a better Protection. Just saying Obfuscation in each DLL files. So I'll give up