Tutorial [Videotutorial] How to dump and mod Il2cpp games (advanced modders only!)

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
@G-Bo ッ , just curious to ask whether there is any way to compare what is being change between original and mod apk after i have succesfully dump the il2cpp.so file?
before at IDA i can compare the result. when it comes to assembly.dll (C#) file i compare it using another application (forget the name since it's been 4 years i last play with Reverse Engineering).
The Question is, why you would compare a original with a mod apk, when it's your own then you know what you have done.
Cuz we don't support leeching here and we don't support it to look into Mod Apks from any Modder or even compare these to get any informations out of it.

batos88

Platinian
Oct 13, 2017
The Question is, why you would compare a original with a mod apk, when it's your own then you know what you have done.
Cuz we don't support leeching here and we don't support it to look into Mod Apks from any Modder or even compare these to get any informations out of it.
Sure thank you. If try to know and learn is consider leeching. Maybe i will just post at request and look into the new mod everyday. Probably this thead is only for either you understand or you leave it. :) peace.

Reactions: zakodai

batos88

Platinian
Oct 13, 2017
Sure thank you. If try to know and learn is consider leeching. Maybe i will just post at request and look into the new mod everyday. Probably this thead is only for either you understand or you leave it. :) peace.
P.S. : the way i learn how to mod using ida and .netreflector before also by comparing existing mod so that i know the idea what usually being changed and what is the hex (for ida) and also the c# parameter for .netreflector. i'm not the one with enough programming knowledge thus i find my own way to do it. Thanks anyway for the tutorial since this il2cpp.so is new for me. Maybe i will try to find other to learn. :) peace.

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
Looking into Mods from others is leeching, even when you do it for education. Thats why we improve more and more our security against that and why our mods takes long and longer to mod because we have to protect them more and more lol
The way is:
Learn basic programming stuff ( syntax, data types, if statements ) ----> learn basic modding stuff ( .dll modding, libil2cpp.so modding, libGame.so modding, the different tools which you have to use ) ------> mod easy games ------> become familiar with it and become familiar how real devs build their stuff -----> mod harder games

But how i said, we don't support it to look into Mods from any other Modder, even when it's another modding site or everything else.

roflmao1337

Platinian
Dec 26, 2018
Germany
hello. I have a basic understanding question here:
the "public bool get_isPurchaseable()" I guess is a method that the game executes once you select a car and then checks whether you can buy it or not.
so the 4f9dac is the value where to find this method in the Hex file (?). When I search it, do the Hex values 00 48 2D E9 0D B0 A0 E1 actually stand for this method or the return statement?

When I override th Hex file with Hex value 01 00 A0 E3 1E FF 2F E1 (always true) then do I actually replace the method in the code?

Thanks in advance

G-Bo ッ

Administrator
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 22, 2017
Behind you.
platinmods.com
hello. I have a basic understanding question here:
the "public bool get_isPurchaseable()" I guess is a method that the game executes once you select a car and then checks whether you can buy it or not.
so the 4f9dac is the value where to find this method in the Hex file (?). When I search it, do the Hex values 00 48 2D E9 0D B0 A0 E1 actually stand for this method or the return statement?

When I override th Hex file with Hex value 01 00 A0 E3 1E FF 2F E1 (always true) then do I actually replace the method in the code?

Thanks in advance
pretty much yes, what you with that hey is returning true and closing the method: 1E FF 2F E1 = ret. Ret means ignore everything after ret in this method

Apr 13, 2020
Brasil
Looking into Mods from others is leeching, even when you do it for education. Thats why we improve more and more our security against that and why our mods takes long and longer to mod because we have to protect them more and more lol
The way is:
Learn basic programming stuff ( syntax, data types, if statements ) ----> learn basic modding stuff ( .dll modding, libil2cpp.so modding, libGame.so modding, the different tools which you have to use ) ------> mod easy games ------> become familiar with it and become familiar how real devs build their stuff -----> mod harder games

But how i said, we don't support it to look into Mods from any other Modder, even when it's another modding site or everything else.
But still, looking into someone else's full game code, re-releasing it with unallowed modifications, and taking credit for that is not leeching.
Curious sense of justice...

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
But still, looking into someone else's full game code, re-releasing it with unallowed modifications, and taking credit for that is not leeching.
Curious sense of justice...
We are taking credit for our Modifications, thats right, because they are made from us.
No Modder here would take credits for any full Game or anything like that.

Leeching = looking into code from someone, steal his methods how to do something, implement it into his own stuff
Modding = take the game source, implement your own stuff into it, release it with a credit cuz your own modifications.

Thats a big and logicly difference.
Or what you say about Nexusmods, the biggest modding website in the world? They leeching something or do they modding something? Even the Game developers working with them ( Bethesda ).

imhavker

Platinian
Apr 8, 2020
bulla
I using Perface's ill2cpp dumper and what error there!!

Please help me

i dumped il2cpp

and start analyzing.. but

it takes about 16 hour??

right now i'm still analyzing passed 8 hour.

how to get my IDA fast? and How long does it take for you guys to analyze?

In my case, my cpu is i7 1660 and 16g ram takes about 10hours.....

and my friend have 4gm ram in his device same file taken only 3hrs please help

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
Please help me

i dumped il2cpp

and start analyzing.. but

it takes about 16 hour??

right now i'm still analyzing passed 8 hour.

how to get my IDA fast? and How long does it take for you guys to analyze?

In my case, my cpu is i7 1660 and 16g ram takes about 10hours.....

and my friend have 4gm ram in his device same file taken only 3hrs please help
Asking 1 time in a Thread is enough buddy and don't spam it everywhere.
Besides that we have a Section for Modding Questions:

And you don't have to load a libil2cpp.so File into IDA.
Just dump the file and load the dumped "dummydlls" into dnSpy.
Thats it.
Then you have to look for methods into dnspy, copy the offset from any method which you want to mod, open the libil2cpp.so file in HxD or any Hex Editor, search for the copied offset and then mod the location from the offset with a Hex Value.

imhavker

Platinian
Apr 8, 2020
bulla
Asking 1 time in a Thread is enough buddy and don't spam it everywhere.
Besides that we have a Section for Modding Questions:

And you don't have to load a libil2cpp.so File into IDA.
Just dump the file and load the dumped "dummydlls" into dnSpy.
Thats it.
Then you have to look for methods into dnspy, copy the offset from any method which you want to mod, open the libil2cpp.so file in HxD or any Hex Editor, search for the copied offset and then mod the location from the offset with a Hex Value.
bro when i am using il2cpp dumper its show error maybe file is protected plEASE HELP ME

Parkhyeon

Rookie
Nov 20, 2018
Usa
I tried modding a game and only modded one offset, compiled and signed it
When I install and launched the game, it crashes
Does it mean the game detected the cheat or something?

Trolino

Platinian
Nov 6, 2018
Florida
I tried modding a game and only modded one offset, compiled and signed it
When I install and launched the game, it crashes
Does it mean the game detected the cheat or something?
means that you changed the wrong thing most likely, if its detected im pretty sure the game will tell you with a pop up message like most games. Im pretty sure you changed the wrong thing

Parkhyeon

Rookie
Nov 20, 2018
Usa
means that you changed the wrong thing most likely, if its detected im pretty sure the game will tell you with a pop up message like most games. Im pretty sure you changed the wrong thing
So I tried something else to see if modding it was the issue. I took the original APK, decompiled it, went straight to re-compile and singed the APK
After installing it on my phone, the game launched, saw the logo for a split second and crashed

Not sure what's causing that

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
So I tried something else to see if modding it was the issue. I took the original APK, decompiled it, went straight to re-compile and singed the APK
After installing it on my phone, the game launched, saw the logo for a split second and crashed

Not sure what's causing that
Signature Protection.