Help! Where are values (like price of item) in apk?

NOIPLLORT

Platinian
Original poster
Jan 9, 2022
Some values are in the .so file of the game, these appear in the code app (xa) range in GG. But those values, like price of a car in hill climb racing (like 1500000), are not in the code, but they are loaded in Ca. Can anyone help where these values are in the apk?
Because the game is offline so it must be there.
Are they in the lib .so in .data.rel.ro for example but have encryption?

Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

NOIPLLORT

Platinian
Original poster
Jan 9, 2022
Another example: in games made by Unity, and that have Assembly-CSharp.dll, there is the source code, but like
in drive ahead, where are all the cars attributes (wheel size, speed, ...) stored?

NOIPLLORT

Platinian
Original poster
Jan 9, 2022
If anyone sees this but doesnt know the answer, please STILL RESPOND
because idk if im shadow banned or other

DokoRoxor

Just Crazy
Jun 9, 2018
Somewhere in The Sky
Offset into memory from GameGuardian and offset into lib are always different.
Load libgame.so from apk lib/armv7-a/libgame.so to IDA pro , and check fonctions you are searching , like (wheel size, speed, ...)
Then Hexpatch the lib with HXD or any Hex editor you want to the according fonction , exemple isDrifting (Bool) = Offset 0x12345 , return this isDrifting
to True or False cuz its a boolean.

True In arm =
mov r0, #1
BX LR
True In Hex =
01 00 A0 E3 1E FF 2F E1

False in arm =
mov r0, #0
BX LR
False in Hex =
0000A0E31EFF2FE1

Its can be also field Type , you need to check into ida how the code is to know what to do exactly , its a native game .

Last edited:
Reactions: NOIPLLORT

NOIPLLORT

Platinian
Original poster
Jan 9, 2022
I know this, im not asking about hacking functions, i am asking about how to find values like what you would store in a database like price , speed , acceleration of each car if there are for example 100 cars. Maybe i explain it incorrectly..

Example: in my game there are 1000 cars to choose, and every one of them has a price. I have to store all 1000 prices in the apk. But there are no useful files in the apk except the lib. Then it must be in there. But if i search in hex editor for integer 45000 (price of a car in hcr), it says not found.

But if i start the game and search 45000 int with memory editor (like GG), it founds values and i can edit to 0 to get the car for free

DokoRoxor

Just Crazy
Jun 9, 2018
Somewhere in The Sky
Then is certainly better to find a fonction , like get_costprice (int) and patch it to to 0 in hex then all price are 0 .
Or isUnlock , and return true.
Or Decreasemoney(void) , nop the fonction then money dont decrease.
Depend how the game is code.
Hope you understand what i mean.

8BIT

Approved Modder
Approved Modder
Dec 29, 2019
In Some Games
When Starting they use values stored in fields[Base values stored in some fields]
(In Some games using dll, You Can See That ;Same Applies Here!)

Also Remeber That There are savegames in /data partition(ex: GunshipBattle Helicopter 3d) or in android/data in /sdcard (ex: Shadow Fight 2)

Last edited:

NOIPLLORT

Platinian
Original poster
Jan 9, 2022
I know now, there are data files (e. g. json, csv) which store these variables like car names, prices, chest prices in hill climb racing. Most of the time these files are encrypted.

Reactions: 8BIT

Spover

Rookie
Oct 19, 2023
If anyone sees this but doesnt know the answer, please STILL RESPOND
because idk if im shadow banned or other
Hello noipllort, I'd like to contact you on discord. My tag is spover. Please reach out to me soon, as others and myself have been trying to contact you for a while.

TagsX

Platinian
May 29, 2023
saudi-arabia
Another example: in games made by Unity, and that have Assembly-CSharp.dll, there is the source code, but like
in drive ahead, where are all the cars attributes (wheel size, speed, ...) stored?
there is a chance that they are not stored in the apk itself but the app contacts a server or web service to get the values, just point this out