Which method to mod futurama world of tomorrow

Yahaya

Platinian
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
Paris
Hey! I started by modding games with IDA and Hxd, most games I modded had either . dll or il2cpp files. The problem with futurama is that the game does not have any of these files most part it is .xml. I searched and I saw that it was coded in java but I find no tuto that could explain the steps to make. If people from the forum can help me, that would be great!
?hash=f1997268b69f96eef3c248714eb15488.png
Capture2.PNG

Attachments

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
You have to go into the lib folder, look for the biggest lib file, load that into IDA and then do it like you would mod libil2cpp.so files. With HxD and looking for Methods in IDA.

Yahaya

Platinian
Original poster
Jul 3, 2019
Paris
In the the lib i find a file called libclient.so do you think it's the good file ? I
Capture3.PNG

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
I would give it a try, modding isn't " i know what i must do " modding is " i try it and maybe it will work".
Don't know that Game and never tried it, but the 3 most common modding ways are:

1) .dll modding with dnSpy/Net Reflector
2) libil2cpp.so modding with dumping the .so, reading dummydlls with dnSpy and mod them with HxD
3) the biggest .so file inside lib folder, load it into IDA, search for useful stuff, load the file into HxD and mod it

You can't mod every Game with one of these, but atleast 90% of all.