Tutorial Why is Zygisk ImGUI mod menu not compatible on x86 emulators? (Known as "Zygisk module not loaded due to incompatibility")

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
You may encounter an error "Zygisk module not loaded due to incompatibility" after trying to install ImGUI Zysigk modules like this:

1703452745034.png

The reason is: Unsupported architecture. For example, if the emulator is based on x86 or x86_64 and the module only supports ARM or ARM64, it won't work. Most modders only support ARM due to the fact that most games only support ARM. ImGUI does work fine on x86 emulators, however only the game supports x86. If no x86 support, mods won't work at all. And no, x86 or x64/x86_64 is NOT ARM32 or ARM64/aarch64. They aren't the same

So what should I do? For x86 users, buy an ARM computer or pay for cloud emulator. ARM emulators does support all Zygisk ImGUI mod menus. See the list of ARM emulators: List of ARM Android emulators for PC - Platinmods.com - Android & iOS MODs, Mobile Games & Apps

What computers have ARM-based CPU?
They are still kind of rare or uncommon unlike x86, but I will give you some hints. These models as an example:

- Mac Mini M1 (2020)
- Lenovo ThinkPad X13s
- Acer Spin 7
- Microsoft Surface Pro X
- Samsung Galaxy Book Go
- Asus ExpertBook B3 Detachable
- Dell Inspiron 14 (2023, Qualcomm)

All Mac computers with M1 CPU or above are ARM-based, so you already know the latest Macs are ARM-based. They are expensive but Mac Mini M1 (2020) is the cheapest you can get

When buying an ARM-based computer, double check the specs to ensure the computer has an ARM processor or not

Fortunately, Nvidia and AMD are both reportedly planning to launch ARM-based CPUs for Windows-based PCs as soon as 2025. You will likely to see more ARM computers in the future

I do own an ARM computer Mac mini M1 (2020). Yunana24's Zygisk mod menu works perfectly on rooted AVD emulator. There is NO x86 involvement at all, NO Rosetta 2 translation

1703453232381.png