Del1850557

Platinian
Original poster
Nov 27, 2020
India
1. To Introduce A Badge
Active User Badge
Requirements
Being author of at least 8 useful threads (introductions excluded, for example)
• Being author of at least 30 useful posts (thank you posts excluded, for example)
• Posting regularly (no spam, meaningless content or artificial ways to increase the count).
Benefits of the above badge
Gives access to the "Daily Login Bonus", a reward of 25 Points given every day when you visit the forum.
2. To Introduce a License system. I have seen on other websites on Google that our mods are leeched and this will damage our forum. So we have to introduce a licence system
How it Works??
License, if required, will be used to login in the mod. The new releases can ask will now ask for your USERNAME and your LICENSE in order to play. The licence may reduce the leeching incident.

I have many more ideas but if the Staff Members would check out the above ideas and give me there feedback then I would love to share my other ideas
@cleverandi or any of the staff members are welcome

Last edited:
Reactions: Lordksi

Del1850557

Platinian
Original poster
Nov 27, 2020
India
Let me Explain the first point. We recieve some points so what I wanted to say that we should no give free mods but we should ask member to pay for it. Not real money the points. For example Dog Life mod game should cost 10 points. So those who want to play the mod should have atleast 10points to unlock the thread. This will reduce leeching or laziness and members will try to be active to earn points. I am sorry I am very bad at explaining but I have some more useful ideas

Draken (VN)

Just Crazy
Jun 13, 2017
Sài Gòn
Let me Explain the first point. We recieve some points so what I wanted to say that we should no give free mods but we should ask member to pay for it. Not real money the points. For example Dog Life mod game should cost 10 points. So those who want to play the mod should have atleast 10points to unlock the thread. This will reduce leeching or laziness and members will try to be active to earn points. I am sorry I am very bad at explaining but I have some more useful ideas
I know the points system idea come from Sbenny but as long as I have been here in Platinmods and on Sbenny for awhile, I would say that system might cause more troubles due bug, cheat points abuser than gives more useful things for whole Platinmods team. I dont disagree with your idea but its kinda difficult to implement now because afaik the tradition of Platinmods is being an open-free forum which means everyone can freely use the mods provided by PMT modders without not entangled in that "points scale"

Draken (VN)

Just Crazy
Jun 13, 2017
Sài Gòn
Also, these mods of PMT modders all have their name on the toast message and in the mod menu, so "leeching" here is someone posted it somewhere else without crediting it. There is still the possibility that some "triggered" peeps are trying to decrypt the mod security of PMT modder so if you see that, please report back to @G-Bo ッ :pepe023:

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
It's too time consuming to implement it, and it's impossible to stop them from re-sharing and/or leeching something from APK. I don't care if they re-share as long as they don't leech anything from us

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
Points systems like these will not work as intended because it will create fake activity. Users would just post in order to get enough points to enjoy the mod they want. If another modder from a different website manages a mod for the same game, even with less features and with ads, I'm sure people would choose that other site since its less time consuming than keeping that fake activity ongoing.
Not only that, we would have to consume time in order to moderate that activity and ensure no one is abusing to get points.

(We already have the "like or reply to unlock", and that makes people just write random strings that bloat the thread and hide important posts)

Reactions: Del1850557

Del1850557

Platinian
Original poster
Nov 27, 2020
India
Yes it will take time as you said but you know it better that this can improve the forum. As for other sites these sites are not trustful and there mods are not tested. But here they are tested. Also we can give a warning to those who will spam to get points and if the spam continues we can temporary ban them. We should think about the quality of the forum and not about the quantity of members. As for moderating the activities to ensure no one is abusing to get points you can create a team which will be given duties to modderate the activities

Del1850557

Platinian
Original poster
Nov 27, 2020
India
It's too time consuming to implement it, and it's impossible to stop them from re-sharing and/or leeching something from APK. I don't care if they re-share as long as they don't leech anything from us
That is the reason I think the licence system should be introduced for nearly all mods. It would be hard for people to type the licence if they download the game externally. There is lot of leeching. Just for example Harry Potter Hogwarts mystery mod game modded by G bo. I wanted the mod so I typed it on Google. Many sites popped up claiming to have the mod. Step by Step I downloaded the mod from every site. I discovered that 90% of the mod was from platinmods. And on the site there was nowhere written Mod by G bo.

Del1850557

Platinian
Original poster
Nov 27, 2020
India
Ok let's forget about the point system as IchHackenet said above that license system is available for VIP mods then why can't we implement it for all mods

Draken (VN)

Just Crazy
Jun 13, 2017
Sài Gòn
About the badges if its meant to be for normal users, that is kinda cool tho but again, with 2m+ members rn there is no way to manage which one is useful threads and posts or which one is count as spam. If u have been long enough, u will see some ppl still tried to spam their requests in both this General Discussion section and MODDING QUESTIONS & DISCUSSIONS all the time without any thinks or cares to these places supposed to use. As the result to achieve the "badge", welp they will burn every section just for that and Panda must spend more time to delete those things which its very tired for him

Draken (VN)

Just Crazy
Jun 13, 2017
Sài Gòn
The harsh truth is that most of the members here dont care much about how the forum works in "the right way". If they want they just spam all the time, if they need they just spam everywhere they like but PMT staff are few, not because G-Bo doesnt want to take on more staff but because quality over quantity and old members like me feel very satisfied with everything atm :pepe018:

Del1850557

Platinian
Original poster
Nov 27, 2020
India
Why cannot we make the rules somewhat strict. Is that so hard to make a few rules to ensure proper functioning of the forum

Draken (VN)

Just Crazy
Jun 13, 2017
Sài Gòn
Why cannot we make the rules somewhat strict. Is that so hard to make a few rules to ensure proper functioning of the forum
We already have rules for each place, but if the rules are in place and everyone follows them 100% of the time, there will never be spam or insults each others everywhere, yup a perfect world. But the more u restrict ppl to enforce the rules (example: if u dont read the rules then I just ban or mute u), that can make them become more aggressive and will find ways to break that rule by spamming a ton of bs things again and again so G-Bo, Panda and all members of PMT are always advising, instructing ppl who dont know or try to ignore the rules what to do and what not to do to create a better community, not in a stereotypical way that restricts thing to thing

Draken (VN)

Just Crazy
Jun 13, 2017
Sài Gòn
As I said before, we are a "very open" forum, every member of Platinmods has the right to enjoy their stay as best as possible, forcing everything into a certain framework only takes away everyone's enjoyment. Btw I have to go now for Covid-19 treatment, see ya :pepe020:

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
I discovered that 90% of the mod was from platinmods. And on the site there was nowhere written Mod by G bo.

Still, those who reshare still show G-Bo's menu, which clearly states the mod is free and comes from our website.

Something similar happens Tower of Saviors; I've been notified that there's scammers out there selling my free mod. But, since my menu says the mod can be played for free on platinmods.com, the people who get scammed quickly notice they've been bamboozled, and come here.
If we put a license, people would still be scammed, bc scammers would still sell a non-working mod for the quick money.

xyzhunter

PMT Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Oct 28, 2020
Indonesia
@Harry Severus i give you some advice , sbenny and platinmods are different , don't make it same, understand?
why don't just say like example ,haloween day = remove the bat or make it better bat ?
or please fix for pitcure mod game from pmt mod and free mod because so confuse me :
1636042535111.png

see name and pitcure xD

Last edited: