Tutorial FRIDA API Set Up and Injection (Hook,Unity)

jacob42

Platinian
Jan 12, 2023
MA
This step:
frida -D 1990303193 -l C:\Users\vladi\Desktop\my_hackable_script.js -f "com.hackedapp.something"

results in the app launching, but quickly closing:

Spawned `com.loadcomplete.slimeidle`. Resuming main thread!
[ONEPLUS A5000::com.loadcomplete.slimeidle ]-> Process terminated
[ONEPLUS A5000::com.loadcomplete.slimeidle ]->
Thank you for using Frida!

Attempting to attach to the process via its pid once its started gives:

Failed to attach: unable to access process with pid 4554 due to system restrictions; try `sudo sysctl kernel.yama.ptrace_scope=0`, or run Frida as root

(Frida_server is running as root, and I'm using the correct version of the server.)

Hours of searching on Google and github have not helped

• Sad
Reactions: TagsX

meowitz

Rookie
Jan 17, 2023
Brazil
I am having a problem running frida-server on VMOS, it is having some problems with SELinux ( which I cannot enable nor disable ). The server starts and I can connect, but the commands don't work properly.
Do you have any experience with this?

1674192424125.png

RafaMR14

Rookie
Feb 11, 2023
Spain
Hi, I have a question, with this is possible to dump game texts right? but how will be the script to do it? I want to deserialize MessagePack texts of an android il2cpp game

Theeundertakeer

Platinian
Original poster
Jan 8, 2021
Armenia
I am having a problem running frida-server on VMOS, it is having some problems with SELinux ( which I cannot enable nor disable ). The server starts and I can connect, but the commands don't work properly.
Do you have any experience with this?

View attachment 485898
well this is the horrible part, I would suggest getting dual boot, and install clean windows within it's clean services without any virtualization

Theeundertakeer

Platinian
Original poster
Jan 8, 2021
Armenia
This step:
frida -D 1990303193 -l C:\Users\vladi\Desktop\my_hackable_script.js -f "com.hackedapp.something"

results in the app launching, but quickly closing:

Spawned `com.loadcomplete.slimeidle`. Resuming main thread!
[ONEPLUS A5000::com.loadcomplete.slimeidle ]-> Process terminated
[ONEPLUS A5000::com.loadcomplete.slimeidle ]->
Thank you for using Frida!

Attempting to attach to the process via its pid once its started gives:

Failed to attach: unable to access process with pid 4554 due to system restrictions; try `sudo sysctl kernel.yama.ptrace_scope=0`, or run Frida as root

(Frida_server is running as root, and I'm using the correct version of the server.)

Hours of searching on Google and github have not helped
Don't you worry! I am uploading a new tutorial soon where you can use frida on NONE rooted devices! yes yes! and all your problems will be gone

Theeundertakeer

Platinian
Original poster
Jan 8, 2021
Armenia
Hi, I have a question, with this is possible to dump game texts right? but how will be the script to do it? I want to deserialize MessagePack texts of an android il2cpp game
Also as mentioned below, you still going to need to use offsets, anyway if you want to dump your texts, you are always free to decompile APK and grab resources folder where all hardcoded text lays. For variables, I yet not tried to hook to them, only to functions, so you need to still find any kind of a function which somehow uses that text as an argument, hook to it, and print the value you want or change it