Tutorial How to backup/export split APK (App bundles) (NO root & root)

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
As you know, when you backed up a 'base' apk, it doesn't come with lib folder due to splitted apks (developers deliver apps as Android app bundles.)
Other APK extraction tools in the Play store cannot properly backup split apks/app bundles unless they implemented to support backing up split apks/app bundles

Important: It is recommended that you only use your ARMv7 device for APK backup since it come with ARMv7 config that works for all ABIs: ARMv7, ARM64, x86 and x86_64
Do not use x86 if ARM work on x86 devices/emulators

No root method #1 - Split APK Installer (SAI) app:
Now Lucky Patcher is no longer the only app that can properly backup split APK. Split APK Installer now have it too since 2.0 release

Download APK:
Split APKs Installer (SAI) - Apps on Google Play
SAI | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository
Aefyr/SAI

Open the app

Click on Export

1566925411148.png

An FAQ message will prompt for the first time

A list of splitted apps will appear. Click on the blue icon to Export on the right side

1566925446252.png

When done, exported apps are stored as a .apks file which is a ZIP archive containing all the split APKs

No root method #2 - X-plore app:
X-plore app now support copying split APK files from App manager. It will automatically copy as .zip file containing all split APK files

Image 2019 09 14 16 42 19.png

If you can't see App manager, click Show and check App manager

No root method #3 - Lucky Patcher app:
Due to the fact its main use is to patch out licenses and ads, it is banned from Play store and Play Protect considers it harmful app. So make sure you only download it from its official website Lucky Patcher Official Website By ChelpuS - Lucky Patcher

Open Lucky Patcher. In the list, you will see the 3 blue dots icon besides the lucky icon. It means the app is splitted.

1565960505254.png

Press and hold an app to bring the menu

Click on Backup -> Backup .apk file

1565960411126.png

Wait…

If succeeded it will tell you the location

1565960423623.png

Open your favorite file manager app (In this case I use X-plore)

Navigate to /sdcard/Android/data/ru.YZHCKlfh.NMlYQHkce/files/LuckyPatcher/Backup

Here you can see it backed up with .APKS file extension

1565960436485.png

It's a zip compression so you can just open as ZIP

Root method:
If your device is rooted, it is really simple

If you use X-plore, make sure to enable root access Superuser + mount writeable

1565960484295.png

Navigate to /data/app/(packagename)-(number)

Copy base.apk and all the split apk to your desired location

1565960494694.png

How to install split APK:

Attachments

Last edited:

montana66

Platinian
Apr 29, 2018
United States
what program to merge to single apk?
I tried bundletool but it requires bundle file which I don't have
Just drag and drop the lib folder into the APK, then signed it if you want for nonroot. Idk if its the correct way to do it but it worked for me :), if its arm64 lib folder just rename it to the correct arch arm64-v8a

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Just drag and drop the lib folder into the APK, then signed it if you want for nonroot. Idk if its the correct way to do it but it worked for me :), if its arm64 lib folder just rename it to the correct arch arm64-v8a
Okay but complicated. Not only that but you need to merge other files too on some apps
Maybe i'm gonna make tool for automation

1565973802153.png

Reactions: nik2143

montana66

Platinian
Apr 29, 2018
United States
Okay but complicated. Not only that but you need to merge other files too on some apps
Maybe i'm gonna make tool for automation

View attachment 172191
its not complicated bro, you just need to drag and drop the lib into the file thats all and sign it. You can ignore the split config apk, i am talking about the lib you found inside data/app/<package name> let me see about the other games where you have to merge. A tool would be awesome though haha

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
its not complicated bro, you just need to drag and drop the lib into the file thats all and sign it. You can ignore the split config apk, i am talking about the lib you found inside data/app/<package name> let me see about the other games where you have to merge. A tool would be awesome though haha
It is complicated. Of course, apps with only split libs are easy but as I said you need other files too and needed to edit xml depending on config. If you miss them, then it might not work correctly. What happens if you miss dpi stuff? It might still work but will not work on some devices XD
Plus Unsigned apk will not work with this trick

siggi99

Rookie
Jul 3, 2021
Germany
No root required to read files within /data/app/*. Otherwise every mentioned app here would also need root access to read them. ;-)

Tags
android app bundles backup split apk