Help! How to decompile, compile and sign an XAPK file?

Jake Bruce

Platinian
Original poster
May 16, 2022
Malaysia
Hi modders,

I know that an XAPK file is just a ZIP file that contains the actual APK. I can also decompile, compile, and sign the APK. However, if I paste the signed APK back to the ZIP file and rename it to XAPK, it does not get installed on my emulator.

The Installation Error in BlueStacks (rooted) says 'Unfortunately, this app could not be installed. Please verify the installation file before trying again.'

Please help me out. Thank you.

Reactions: tdien90

xyzhunter

PMT Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Oct 28, 2020
Indonesia

GNaFF

PMT Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Oct 20, 2018
BlackPink❤️️
The cause of the error is different signatures, because you only signed one file ".apk" without signing other files with the same signature. You need to sign all files with the same signature.

See the instructions here:

Jake Bruce

Platinian
Original poster
May 16, 2022
Malaysia
Hi, modders!

I actually made a silly mistake by not trying to install the XAPK after downloading from the Apkpure website. I directly started modding without testing if it was working. The issue was my Bluestack emulator did not support arm64-v8a. The XAPK I downloaded was arm64-v8a. Now after downloading armeabi-v7a, it got installed.

So I started modding it after unzipping the XAPK then decompiled, compiled, and signed all the APK which was in the zip file with the same signature as mentioned by @GNaFF in this thread. Afterward, I installed the modified XAPK and it got installed successfully.

Thank you everyone for helping me out.