Tutorial How to fix apps crash (Android WebView bug)

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Are some apps and games crashing today? Well, the issue is apparently being caused by a bug in the Android System WebView component that is available on all Android devices.

Edit: Update WebView or Google Chrome to latest version to see if it will solve the problem. If not, please uninstall one of them

For me, uninstalling is the only way to solve the crash of Floating browser of Floating Apps

Uninstall WebView - Uninstalling the latest updates from the Android System WebView seems to fix the issue for most folks. However, some users don't have the option to enable uninstall updates if your Android System WebView is already disabled like mine yet the apps are still crashing

Screenshot_20210323-153315.png

Well, as it turns out, this component to display web content in apps has been replaced by Google Chrome on some newer devices.

Uninstall Google Chrome - You’ll have to disable or uninstall updates from Google Chrome on your phone to fix the apps crashing issue instead. Sync your data to your Google account before uninstalling. Otherwise, you will lose all of it

Screenshot_20210323-153719.png

Install older version of WebView or Google Chrome from Apkcombo, Apkpure or Apkmirror and disable auto update on Play Store till then

Last edited:

zaiion

Rookie
Mar 24, 2021
Luxembourg
Guys, this happened to my girlfriend's phone and her phone kept on crashing playstore and the Android System Webview option is only set to disable. The other way to fix this crashing bug is to force stop chrome and disabling it, after that it works like it was before

• Haha
Reactions: XGODBLESS