Tutorial Modding libil2cpp.so games tutorial for beginners with Video Tutorial

L00k Alive

2/3 Games Approved
Apr 22, 2021
Tha World
Hi @Yaskashije, Great guide, thx in bunches!
I need some help tho. Using a hex editor (Hex Friend, not HxD because not compatible with macOS), I don't find the offset I'm looking for. Do you have any clue on why ? I did all of this (dumping the meta-data and searching for the offset on hex friend) with the v7a folder. Doing it with the v8a folder found something (of course, the offset was different).
And I'm not sure if this is the Hex software I use who is faulty or the game itself, because when I did it with the v8a folder, the offset was fully numbers (no letters), so it might have played on the result.

Alright nevermind, I should've included the 0x at the beginning :pepe006:

L00k Alive

2/3 Games Approved
Apr 22, 2021
Tha World
I got another one tho,
The value I was trying to mod is an integer (amount of coins awarded each day). It's supposed to be 25, but in the hex value I found, it's far from that.
Could you teach me real fast how to read the hex value properly (or share a link or a keyword so I can find documentation to learn from)?

Here's how it looks:
hex.png

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
I got another one tho,
The value I was trying to mod is an integer (amount of coins awarded each day). It's supposed to be 25, but in the hex value I found, it's far from that.
Could you teach me real fast how to read the hex value properly (or share a link or a keyword so I can find documentation to learn from)?

Here's how it looks:
View attachment 287305
Maybe it's wrong/not the thing you were looking for.
Maybe the value is encrypted, so you will have to figure a way on how stuff works.
Maybe it's something else.

You may solve/figure out that with testing.

Reactions: L00k Alive

ranzen123

*1st-Class-Platinian*
VIP
Dec 5, 2019
Indonesia
hey, I'm still a beginner
I have a question, I managed to do as taught, but when I switched to the rhythm game, it got even more difficult, because there wasn't anything like get_atk or get_hp
can you guys tell me what to do?

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
hey, I'm still a beginner
I have a question, I managed to do as taught, but when I switched to the rhythm game, it got even more difficult, because there wasn't anything like get_atk or get_hp
can you guys tell me what to do?
You will have to think what could be changed and try keywords related to the game itself; and test if stuff works or not.
I usually advice beginners against rythm games, since they get tricky more often than not, so chances are it can cause you trouble.
I myself recommend to start modding rythm games after you know c programming and havesome experience with IDA and il2cpp.

Also, remember tutorials are fast to replicate because testing part is skipped, and this kind of problem can be encountered in any other game.