Solved My mod crashes. need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedXen

Awesome Active Platinian
Jul 8, 2021
Norway
Try replacing the offset rather than pasting it. For HxD, that's Ctrl+B (Replace), or: Ctril+V (Paste, don't do this). If the size of the file changes, the library will cause the game to break. Make sure you're replacing, not pasting.

Reactions: Aamin Ansari 786

Maxevil

Just Crazy
Original poster
Jul 23, 2018
Netherworld
Try replacing the offset rather than pasting it. For HxD, that's Ctrl+B (Replace), or: Ctril+V (Paste, don't do this). If the size of the file changes, the library will cause the game to break. Make sure you're replacing, not pasting.
Thanks for the info. I was actually selecting the hex code in libil2cpp.so file then pasting, so it didn't changed the size, i also get some warning when size is about to change.

Anyway i tried with ctrl + B & some other hex codes, still game force closes.
Anyother possible mistakes i would have made?

RedXen

Awesome Active Platinian
Jul 8, 2021
Norway
Thanks for the info. I was actually selecting the hex code in libil2cpp.so file then pasting, so it didn't changed the size, i also get some warning when size is about to change.

You've probably noticed that there are multiple offsets above a line of code. You want to select the one that states "offset" and has the attribute "address" next to it rather than "token," as shown in the example below:
showingtut.png

Reactions: Aamin Ansari 786

RedXen

Awesome Active Platinian
Jul 8, 2021
Norway

Also, make sure that you're modding the correct folder. Always delete the ARMv8 folder if it exists and instead mod the ARMv7 one. Hope that's helpful. :)

RedXen

Awesome Active Platinian
Jul 8, 2021
Norway

Maxevil

Just Crazy
Original poster
Jul 23, 2018
Netherworld
You've probably noticed that there are multiple offsets above a line of code. You want to select the one that states "offset" and has the attribute "address" next to it rather than "token," as shown in the example below:
View attachment 327650
Thanks! I finally managed to make it run by using winrar instead of apktool. somehow it was crashing because apktool, same libil2cpp file worked fine if i open apk with winrar & replace it but crashes when i decompile>replace>compile with apktool.
The game was also quite easy to mod :3
yeah tried to pick a easy looking game to start

Status
Not open for further replies.