Help! offset help / unlocking hidden options

notcam

Platinian
Original poster
Apr 7, 2021
Canada
Hello all.

After looking through a game dump of Il2Cpp I found some menu options I would like to try activate in a game. I'm unsure what tutorial to search for in this case, reading through other tutorials I don't see much relatable. There are options here that are visible in the game, but also a few that are not through the menu options. I have removed most public bool lines to keep the code shorter.

I am new to code so please be gentle :)

So what I see is this:

// Namespace:
public class GameManager : MonoBehaviour // TypeDefIndex: 4588
{
// Fields

[HeaderAttribute] // RVA: 0x659A00 Offset: 0x659A00 VA: 0x659A00
public bool glitchModeUnlocked; // 0x1D
public bool bigHeadModeUnlocked; // 0x1C
[HeaderAttribute] // RVA: 0x659A38 Offset: 0x659A38 VA: 0x659A38
public bool bigHeadModeEnabled; // 0x25

So if looking at glitchmodeunlocked, does the 0x1D refer to the hex value of 28?
Does that then make the offset go from Offset: 0x659A00 to 659A28?

I'm a little lost on these offsets, but wanting to learn.

Thank you for any help you can offer me :)

notcam

Platinian
Original poster
Apr 7, 2021
Canada
Just asking how to set this to true. It is for the developer to test the game while he works on it.
There is a few other things like recording, big head mode and a few other options I would like to enable in there too.

LEIIKUN

Retired Staff
Retired but loved <3
Oct 13, 2019
Davao
I'll give you a quick answer, just today.

Two offsets (0x2D) is a field so you'll need to learn hooking so that you could modify field offset and set it to true ;-)

notcam

Platinian
Original poster
Apr 7, 2021
Canada
I'll give you a quick answer, just today.

Two offsets (0x2D) is a field so you'll need to learn hooking so that you could modify field offset and set it to true ;-)
Thanks bud! I will look into field and hook tutorials, now I know what I am searching for :)

• Love
Reactions: LEIIKUN

LEIIKUN

Retired Staff
Retired but loved <3
Oct 13, 2019
Davao
Thanks bud! I will look into field and hook tutorials, now I know what I am searching for :)
Goodluck with that!

We do already have a tutorial on how to hook fields here on platinmods. Better check it out!

notcam

Platinian
Original poster
Apr 7, 2021
Canada
I think I am well in over my ability with this, but I will slowly follow through and try make sense of everything

Reactions: HizroMxDz

LEIIKUN

Retired Staff
Retired but loved <3
Oct 13, 2019
Davao
So making the menu and getting it into the game was pretty easy.
I will now have to learn some C and all about the actual hooking processes :)
Hooking is easy if you are really into it and if you will really invest a lot of time into modding, learning and getting some knowledge. Not just because you want to cheat a one game. Good luck!

LEIIKUN

Retired Staff
Retired but loved <3
Oct 13, 2019
Davao
Would you mind to share some tips for making the manu?
We do have a video tutorial:

Tiahh

Solid & Active Platinian
Jan 12, 2018
Just patch it to true or hook a function and set the field.

CreeperMods

Platinian
May 1, 2022
Philippines
Tiahhh is just scamming people with an Roblox Executor called Arceus X.

Do you guys know Roblox? Roblox has a account that you need to sign up or if you have an account already, then after signing up or logging in. They’ll receive an Email or Pinging them of an information of the account‘s Password and Username.

If you want to know about him then go here: https://v3rmillion.net/showthread.php?tid=1161365

You must be Registered(If you don’t have an account) or Logged In(If you have an account already)

Don’t read this if you’re not Playing Roblox, but this is real. Whatever tiahhh is going to say like:
This isn’t true.

Lmao he is lying.

Reactions: NO RULES FF TAMIL

NepMods69

Inactive Approved Modder
Mar 6, 2022
Nepal
If Your Class Have Update Method, its Tooo easy To modify That value. if not, you need to analyze the Uses of the class Using Dnspy and You need to Find The update Method according your Mod Requirements.