Tutorial [Outdated] How to install Magisk on Android emulators using MagiskOnEmu (EASY) (Android 7 and above)

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
MagiskOnEmu is outdated, use Magisk Delta instead

Finally, there is easier way to install Magisk with an app called MagiskOnEmu

Important
Before you start, make a backup, and READ THE WIKI about emulator compability: Emulator that Magisk can work properly · HuskyDG/MagiskOnNox Wiki

Installing Magisk may cause unstability and bricking, but you can unbrick by reinstalling emulator without wiping user data

You can't pass SafetyNet on Emulator. Pass SafetyNet requires a valid combination of device and model names, build fingerprints, and security patch levels and certificated device. Emulator does not have these thing. Bypass or fake Safetynet check is impossible, even with SafetyNet Fix module. SafetyNet response between your device and server is signed with Google private key. Please refrain from asking question

I take no responsibility for your use of this app.

Download
Download latest APK from releases page for Magisk 24 and above: Releases · HuskyDG/MagiskOnEmu

If you want to use Magisk v23 for Android 7, use magisk-on-android-x86-v16(10035).apk

Installation
In this case, I will install Magisk v24 on Nox player running Android 9

First, go to emulator settings, enable built-in root and reboot.

Bluestacks: Use Bluestacks Tweaker to install SuperSU for root

Image 1644061998.png

Open Magisk on Nox app and grant root accesswhen asked

You will be greeted with a terminal screen like this. Press m and hit enter. press Y and hit enter to continue

Image 1644061727.png

You will see the installation menu. Press 1 and hit enter

Image 1653072948.png

Choose how you would like to install. For easiest installation, choose Stable vXX.X

Do not forget to read the Wiki about compatibility Emulator that Magisk can work properly · HuskyDG/MagiskOnNox Wiki
TL;DR. Choose v23 for Android 7.x. Choose v24 or above for Android 9 and above

Image 1653072972.png

Since emulators do not support Ramdisk, we will install Magisk to /system partition. Press 1 and hit enter

Image 1653073128.png

Shouldn't take long to install. When it's done, reboot

Image 1653073335.png

Do not panic if your emulator getting stuck at loading. Try reboot again, or a few times until it works. If still stuck, simply reinstalling emulator to unbreak without losing data and try again

You should see a stub Magisk app on appdrawer. Click on it to install real Magisk app

If not, install Magisk app manually Releases · topjohnwu/Magisk

IMPORTANT: Disable root in emulator option and reboot to avoid conflicts

Image 1644061791.png

Enjoy!

Image 1644062103.png

Attachments

Last edited:

xpogox7

Rookie
Feb 25, 2022
Davao
Hello, I just installed it. Thank you for your guide. It is much clearer than the one from the creator. I just want to ask if this magisk have a magisk hide. I just want to hide some apps to be detected as rooted.

HuskyDG

Platinian
Dec 23, 2021
VietNam
It's still possible to install magisk into ramdisk but not worth to effort because emulator stores ramdisk in separate partition with very limited size so can't put magisk binaries in ramdisk. If we want to install magisk into ramdisk, we need to expand that partition.

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Hello, I just installed it. Thank you for your guide. It is much clearer than the one from the creator. I just want to ask if this magisk have a magisk hide. I just want to hide some apps to be detected as rooted.
Excatly is what you need to do

It's still possible to install magisk into ramdisk but not worth to effort because emulator stores ramdisk in separate partition with very limited size so can't put magisk binaries in ramdisk. If we want to install magisk into ramdisk, we need to expand that partition.
That is true, I tried once to modify ramdisk via linux VM but already gave up due to partition too small. And i'm not really experienced in linux

HuskyDG

Platinian
Dec 23, 2021
VietNam
My guide is general, that's why ;)

Scav3ng3r4M0dz

Awesome Active Platinian
Jul 17, 2017
Behind you, with a sniper.
@AndnixSH Hey bro this works fine but when I try to install a module, zygisk disables itself saying that the module is suspended because zygisk isn't turned on when it actually is and when I remove the modules, zygisk enables itself. I have tried Nox 9 and MuMu 9 both of which are said to be working with magisk. Any solutions?

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
@AndnixSH Hey bro this works fine but when I try to install a module, zygisk disables itself saying that the module is suspended because zygisk isn't turned on when it actually is and when I remove the modules, zygisk enables itself. I have tried Nox 9 and MuMu 9 both of which are said to be working with magisk. Any solutions?
What modules did you installed?