Tutorial BASICS ABOUT ANDROID APK MODDING IN GENERAL | LEARN MODDING TODAY FOR FREE!

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
First of all, I am a beginner myself, that's why I can give you some good tips for the beginning.
In the beginning, you should first try modding simple .dll or .so games.

What that mean?

For example, do not try Netmarble games or games like Maze Shadow of Light.

These types of games or these companies protect their games via very strong anticheat software.

If you're trying to mod this kind of games right from the start, you'll quickly lose the pleasure of modding, as you will not feel any success.

Especially for games like Maze the Xigncode are protected, or games with an Apk Hash Protection.

This kind of protection is a step harder than a simple Google Signature Check.

Start with simple games and work your way up to the tough ones.
Watch video tutorials on Youtube and try modding these games (these are usually very easy to mod)
Sure, you can jump straight into the extremely heavy games, but unless you're a genius, you'll feel little to no luck

And important : find your own way. Don't copy ( leech ) other mods. That brings you nothing, only hate. I mean, sure, you can hack something because you copy the code or instructions from someone else, but you don't understand what the code does. Modding isn't only copy & paste codes, modding is to understand how this games and how the code works.

KAIZ3R

Rookie
Oct 26, 2018
Hong kong
Hey how to protect my mod after I mod it? I saw someone who can protect their mod from decompile such as dnspy or disassembled such as ollydbg and IDA. I read the hex i think the header is weird. Anyone know what's that?

DareAngeL777

1/3 Games Approved
Oct 16, 2018
Philippines
Very simple to follow tanks bud
You need to used IDA method, and the other tools but i recommend not to mod this game if you are a beginner cuz it's kinda hard. I'm also a beginner and I can assure you that it is hard, start with the basic 1st and then as you keep on modding simple games that has no security, your mind will be full enough knowledge and it's time for u to learn the advanced method.

BMD4E

Platinian On Fire
Apr 4, 2017
US
This tutorial helped me learn modding, I learned fast, this is highly recommended for beginners who want to learn Android modding. My buddy helped me modding game too.
I didn't started with Subway but Temple Run, a 6 years old game and it was my childhood eh.
That IDA part is a bit similar to simple hex editing back in the days of MS-DOS

Reactions: Arsha88

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
How does the game find out that we have changed its code?
I mean, after I modded the game its saying "Mod version detected"
How do I bypass that?
It exist 32948129048102 Protections and ways against Modders buddy, only a simple " Mod Version detected" will not help to solve the Problem.
The best way is to show Pictures and send a Gamelink and write what you have done and what you tried.
You can do that here:

May 11, 2019
Mumbai, India
It exist 32948129048102 Protections and ways against Modders buddy, only a simple " Mod Version detected" will not help to solve the Problem.
I have looked in all the .dll files in ......./Data/managed/ folder
but theres no code checking for tampering with apk

The game/app shows "mod version detected" immediately after logging in

I do not wanna give the name of the game (it is actually an app)
I wanna solve the problem myself
no matter the time it takes!

I am a beginner in this field
assuming they are using basic/simple protection
please suggest me some article or resource to solve this problem
i.e. how it might be detecting mod (after modding ..../META-INF/MANIFEST.MF showed different sha digest for Assembly-CSHARP file)
and how to fool app into thinking there's no tampering

Eplison4

Platinian
Jun 14, 2017
Somewhere Between
First of all, I am a beginner myself, that's why I can give you some good tips for the beginning.
In the beginning, you should first try modding simple .dll or .so games.

What that mean?

For example, do not try Netmarble games or games like Maze Shadow of Light.

These types of games or these companies protect their games via very strong anticheat software.

If you're trying to mod this kind of games right from the start, you'll quickly lose the pleasure of modding, as you will not feel any success.

Especially for games like Maze the Xigncode are protected, or games with an Apk Hash Protection.

This kind of protection is a step harder than a simple Google Signature Check.

Start with simple games and work your way up to the tough ones.
Watch video tutorials on Youtube and try modding these games (these are usually very easy to mod)
Sure, you can jump straight into the extremely heavy games, but unless you're a genius, you'll feel little to no luck

And important : find your own way. Don't copy ( leech ) other mods. That brings you nothing, only hate. I mean, sure, you can hack something because you copy the code or instructions from someone else, but you don't understand what the code does. Modding isn't only copy & paste codes, modding is to understand how this games and how the code works.
The feel when we managed to mod even it just a bit its very pleasure and satisfied..
I feel these..

Reactions: PixelYT

KmzLy

Platinian
Jul 17, 2019
?
This tutorial makes me understand that deompiling apk is not enough to mod.. Its just the first step to modding lol :p Thanks

Tags
tutorial