Tutorial BASICS ABOUT ANDROID APK MODDING IN GENERAL | LEARN MODDING TODAY FOR FREE!

arudi

Platinian
Aug 5, 2018
indo
a game has always libs, but when a game has .dlls in assets/... then you mod the .dlls.
thank you, need some advice :
1. tried to dump with Il2CppDumper i got dummy dll which contain assembly-csharp.dll but if decompile with apktools no assembly-csharp. so I modified libil2cpp instead. is that the correct way?
2. after I modified libil2cpp, I run the game but stuck in loading page. is there any way to debug running game ?

thanks again for your help

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
thank you, need some advice :
1. tried to dump with Il2CppDumper i got dummy dll which contain assembly-csharp.dll but if decompile with apktools no assembly-csharp. so I modified libil2cpp instead. is that the correct way?
2. after I modified libil2cpp, I run the game but stuck in loading page. is there any way to debug running game ?

thanks again for your help
Could you please rephrase your 1st point?
2: The offset you modified is not what you're looking for, or maybe the opcode you placed in it doesn't work. And yes, you can debug the library using IDA.

arudi

Platinian
Aug 5, 2018
indo
Could you please rephrase your 1st point?
2: The offset you modified is not what you're looking for, or maybe the opcode you placed in it doesn't work. And yes, you can debug the library using IDA.
thank you, im able to mod it after i check on arm version.
One more question, any tutorial to make sure we will not get banned by game dev?

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
thank you, im able to mod it after i check on arm version.
One more question, any tutorial to make sure we will not get banned by game dev?
Just test. Use your own mod, and see how far can you get. You could try looking for integrity checks in the .smali or functions inside the il2cpp that might detect abnormal behaviours for the game.

arudi

Platinian
Aug 5, 2018
indo
Just test. Use your own mod, and see how far can you get. You could try looking for integrity checks in the .smali or functions inside the il2cpp that might detect abnormal behaviours for the game.
thank you for your help, absolutely will do it :)
sorry this is one last question. I was able to modify and change value in hex or change status by true/false.
but what if I would like to add function into existing ?

this is what i found inside .dll what i believe func to send card

// RVA: 0x4FF364 Offset: 0x4FF364 VA: 0x4FF364
public void SendCards(string requestID, string[] cardIds, string friendUserId, RequestDelegate onComplete) { }
by default this will send 1 card in one time, and I would like to modify the func so I can send 100 cards in one time. any advice on how to add function in hex?

Sorry if I asked too much, and really appreciate your help

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
but what if I would like to add function into existing ?
by default this will send 1 card in one time, and I would like to modify the func so I can send 100 cards in one time. any advice on how to add function in hex?
Size of the .so should not be changed, that would mess everything, since branches are done with pointer arithmetics on the static offsets. Adding an extra instruction means displacing the others by 2 or 4 bytes, all those branches from before the addition to after addition or the reverse will be broken.
Yo can still edit existing instructions, and make some interesting stuff in there as long as your new func is equal or shorter in size.

You will have to analyze that function using IDA, and see how it works. It's a void function, which means there's no "final value" coming from it. All the important changes will be made inside the functions, some values will be stored or loaded, etc. I believe function will begin with a "push {x, y, z...}" instruction.
Try adding pop {x, y, z...} bx lr in offset following the push, and see what happens.

Reactions: Melk

Chrs777

Rookie
Dec 23, 2019
What
I never expected to encounter a modding site which willingly share their knowledge and answers questions. Outstanding.

Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
I never expected to encounter a modding site which willingly share their knowledge and answers questions. Outstanding.
There are several layers of knowledge on modding, but something is certain:
Some games requiere some time to mod, the time IDA needs to disassemble the lib.
And also, figuring out what to mod.

Allowing everybody to learn how to mod, leaves the pros with more time to mod the hard ones, since the easy ones can be taken by trainees.

Reactions: zaginye007

Jandu86

Platinian
Apr 18, 2020
England
Hie Platinmods,
I am playing farmville 2 country escape from a very long time. In market there is a limit for every item. Can you help how to increase its limit...? Or can you help in finding values for the same..?I.e. i want to share more than 10 black rice.
Thanks in advance if you assist me.
Regards
IMG_20200822_102700.jpg

DaRealPanDa

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Supporting-Team
Global Moderator
Social Media
Mar 12, 2018
Skyrim
How to remove advertisement in any apk
It's different for every APK. When you just don't want Ads on your Phone for yourself, use Blokada and AndnixSH's Host List:

Tags
tutorial