Tutorial How to hide app list on Xiaomi phones to bypass hacking tool detections (MIUI 12+/Android 11+) (NO root)

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
I don't own Xiaomi phone, I just wanna share info about MIUI's build-in permission settings called "Get info about installed apps" that you can use to prevent nasty apps from checking your apps list and force you to uninstall specific hacking tools like Lucky Patcher, GameGuardian, and even detect VM apps which is not a hacking tool at all. That's Grandchase's detection, it's too far aggressive, it's like your parents does not allow you to play games anymore and you must throw your disc games away in your bin. Thanks to @zverilius for the info, screenshots and video

This feature is present for MIUI 12+ and Android 11+, it may not be available for some ROMS and/or devices.

I wish Google and other OEM will make this feature too. That would be huge advantage and increases privacy while blocking nasty detection haha

Method 1:
Go to the general settings, type "Permissions" in the settings search bar
IMG_20220218_000226.jpg

Go to "Permissions/Security"

IMG_20220218_000402.jpg

There will be two tabs "Apps" and "Permissions", you need to go to the "Permissions" tab. And already there you will find the cherished tab "Get info about installed apps", where all your applications with this access will be shown, everything is already there and you can change at your discretion

IMG_20220218_000455.jpg

Method 2:
Video tutorial:

Step by steps:
Open Settings and go to your installed Apps list. Choose the app you like to bypass

Open Permission

Image1.png

Click on "Get info about installed apps"

Image2.png

Choose Deny

Image3.png

That's pretty much all. Now the nasty apps will be denied to check your apps list and will no longer tells you to uninstall hacking tools :)

1632503206217.png

Last edited:

GG78

ADBlock Expert
Jan 6, 2019
HexHausen
:pepe008: i have miui 12+ and no issues at all, i have all kind of Hacking tools on my poco x3 pro, but yeah maybe cause i debloated it or because i have an "EU" rom of miui 12.

Reactions: AndnixSH

GG78

ADBlock Expert
Jan 6, 2019
HexHausen
What do you mean global phone?
There are global phones, Asian only phones etc just like with apps. :pepe008: Example im in Germany - means Global with EU Miui Rom, wich is different then the Asian , Chinese Miui Rom

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
There are global phones, Asian only phones etc just like with apps. :pepe008: Example im in Germany - means Global with EU Miui Rom, wich is different then the Asian , Chinese Miui Rom
Oh i see
Btw, i'll post another tutorial for non-Xiaomi users :)

Reactions: GG78

Deerp1976

Awesome Active Platinian
Jan 26, 2020
United Kingdom
Great tutorial bro but this isn't going to work on all Xiaomi devices. I have a MIUI 12.5.3 global eea ROM and a lot of the privacy options the Chinese ROMs have are hidden. All what you have shown might look like settings to you but it's all controlled by the Xiaomi Security app. You can install the Chinese security app on any ROM and it will work and once you do, you see a lot of features suddenly appear from nowhere all in settings. The global ROMs will not have this option in them. Here's screenshots of lucky patcher and the two permission screens it has. There is nowhere in app settings or all the permissions and privacy options for what you suggest on my ROM and I've gone through every single hidden activity the Xiaomi security app has.

If you can find out what ROM this is on please. Xiaomi are renowned for their os updates and in China they have weekly beta testing ROMs. I wouldn't be surprised if this option is on one of them. It's certainly not on stable MIUI global ROMs I'm certain of that.

Screenshot_2021-11-06-21-08-00-259_com.google.android.permissioncontroller.jpg Screenshot_2021-11-06-21-08-06-414_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg

Jrwi0

Platinian
Aug 2, 2020
Dominicana
Great tutorial bro but this isn't going to work on all Xiaomi devices. I have a MIUI 12.5.3 global eea ROM and a lot of the privacy options the Chinese ROMs have are hidden. All what you have shown might look like settings to you but it's all controlled by the Xiaomi Security app. You can install the Chinese security app on any ROM and it will work and once you do, you see a lot of features suddenly appear from nowhere all in settings. The global ROMs will not have this option in them. Here's screenshots of lucky patcher and the two permission screens it has. There is nowhere in app settings or all the permissions and privacy options for what you suggest on my ROM and I've gone through every single hidden activity the Xiaomi security app has.

If you can find out what ROM this is on please. Xiaomi are renowned for their os updates and in China they have weekly beta testing ROMs. I wouldn't be surprised if this option is on one of them. It's certainly not on stable MIUI global ROMs I'm certain of that.

View attachment 347743 View attachment 347744
Hey bro i think You need Android 11+ too

Deerp1976

Awesome Active Platinian
Jan 26, 2020
United Kingdom
Hey bro i think You need Android 11+ too
I'm on the MIUI equivalent of this bro. In fact I'm supposed to be on MIUI Enhanced experimental os update for Poco x3 NFC eea rom but I wished I never went on it as now the device doesn't pass SafetyNet and my banking app no longer works!

Jrwi0

Platinian
Aug 2, 2020
Dominicana
I know but miui is just a layer that they put on top of Android 11 you can have version 12.x of miui but it will not give you the same as someone who has miui 12.x and android 11+
I'm on the MIUI equivalent of this bro. In fact I'm supposed to be on MIUI Enhanced experimental os update for Poco x3 NFC eea rom but I wished I never went on it as now the device doesn't pass SafetyNet and my banking app no longer works!

Deerp1976

Awesome Active Platinian
Jan 26, 2020
United Kingdom
I know but miui is just a layer that they put on top of Android 11 you can have version 12.x of miui but it will not give you the same as someone who has miui 12.x and android 11+
Well I can confirm the Android 11 restrictions of accessing Android/data & obb folders are present and correct although I found a way round that by bypassing the generic files app completely and using MiXplorer as a bridge for any file explorer which is great. Somehow I've also managed to put back on MIUI optimisation AND use any package installer for installing apks & xapks. Shouldn't be possible but Telegram was surprisingly the breakthrough for me. Telegram doesn't like you installing APK direct from there using any package installer but if you choose ALWAYS instead of just once for your favourite package installer of choice, everything will be forced to use it 😀. I find it very amusing using Xiaomi's file manager and having an external package installer to be my first choice!

This experimental os update I've got is 12.5.3.1. It was for testing and solving ghost touch issues. In the settings, you can allocate 2gb of internal storage to be used for additional ram so now my Poco x3 NFC has gone up from 6gb to 8gb. On the whole I despise MIUI though and regret ever purchasing the phone. The privacy or lack of it by Xiaomi is downright insulting.

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
Well

View attachment 347743 View attachment 347744
Well this looks like more stock AOSP of the app permission UI. I don't know much about MIUI, perhaps @zverilius can provide more infomation about this

Reactions: zverilius

Deerp1976

Awesome Active Platinian
Jan 26, 2020
United Kingdom
Well

Well this looks like more stock AOSP of the app permission UI. I don't know much about MIUI, perhaps @zverilius can provide more infomation about this
On the Chinese Xiaomi Security app, there is a section in privacy called App Behaviour. I have never been able to see this working on any of the updates I've tried. All you see if on Global ROM, is a blank screen with no app behaviour at all. It's supposed to show you what apps have requested GPS location, need notification permission etc to function. It looks to me that what you've found is a working version of that app behaviour where you can modify just how much an app gets restricted and how much freedom you give an app to work. I tried many ways to get that app behaviour to work properly but sadly failed.

Saying that though, it's never a good idea to activate certain Xiaomi system apps as you never know what they are capable of doing.

zverilius

Just Crazy
Sep 30, 2017
Russia, Moscow
This function is definitely available and works on android 11 miui 12.5. But again, this is not a panacea and does not work for all applications!
The best option is to use this

Last edited:

AndnixSH

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Jun 27, 2017
Modding World
This function is definitely available and works on android 11 miui 12.5. But again, this is not a panacea and does not work for all applications!
The best option is to use this
^ Yup highly recommended app to use if you have Xposed
Hope Google will add app list permission option in the future

Reactions: zverilius

zverilius

Just Crazy
Sep 30, 2017
Russia, Moscow
I have Poco F3 with 12.5.5 and in permittion there isn't the "Get info about installed apps" to deny it.
Very strange, so you're not looking carefully! This feature is present in all MIUI firmware, at least in all Xiaomi phones!

Attachments

Reactions: MalusDacus