How to Earn more $$$ from your MOD APK downloads | My experience on Pay-Per-Download Platforms

8BIT

Approved Modder
Approved Modder
Dec 29, 2019
Meanwhile Me Using apkadmin just for hosting.
(They Dont Detect adblockers n users are fine)

Upfiles have a lot of popup ads n annoys users.

MAYBE I SHOULD USE ONE THOSE MENTIONED!

8BIT

Approved Modder
Approved Modder
Dec 29, 2019
I think Platinmods' download links don't even get DMCA requests, and I've heard upfiles.com doesn't really take down files easily. You have to remember DMCA claims are from developers or legal representatives of the game itself, so unless we're uploading a game that's likely to have a DMCA, ex. Worldbox, everything's good. In fact, normally it's the whole thread that gets the DMCA, not the download links.

Have you ever seen a download link from Platinmods get a DMCA? Not a whole thread. If so, let me know.

I actually wanna know because I'll probably create a list of games and apps that are more likely to get DMCAs in its download links.
worldbox haha, they removed my entire thread from this forum

Reactions: enryuraviaz

NotAWeeb!

1/3 Games Approved
Original poster
Aug 31, 2023
japaneseland
Meanwhile Me Using apkadmin just for hosting.
(They Dont Detect adblockers n users are fine)

Upfiles have a lot of popup ads n annoys users.

MAYBE I SHOULD USE ONE THOSE MENTIONED!
It's Uploady the one with a lot of pop-ups. Upfiles is pretty comparable to apkadmin in pop-ups and download speed, while having x15 better CPM (earnings). I haven't even received a single complain about Upfiles, ever. Only Uploady gives problems sometimes with slow downloads, pop-ups and so on.

Though, for your usecase modsfire is better. Make modsfire the main link, then apkadmin as the mirror

Last edited:

NotAWeeb!

1/3 Games Approved
Original poster
Aug 31, 2023
japaneseland
I think I know, but take me with a grain of salt because I'm not really sure:

You can get money from the people that goes Premium from one of your links. That percentage thing (50% of sales) means that instead of getting money per downloads, you get the 50% of the amount of their Premium purchases (if they do any).

The last one is a mixture of the two: You get a 30% cut of the downloads and 30% of the premium purchases.

If you use Premium Only links, best option is to choose PPS. If no one ever purchases premium and links are public (not premium), choose PPD. If you get both downloads and premium purchases, the MIX is pretty good. I personally have it on PPD, but I'd change it to MIX if I see I get at least 1 premium purchase per month.

• Love
Reactions: Radon02 and Qim97

AASIM_456

Support
Staff member
Support
Jan 18, 2023
a Sperm Cell
Please note that everything that I am going to state is from my own experience and not from motive of promoting any services that is mentioned below.
Okay, so let's start with myself. I have shared 500+ mods here, so I know a thing or two regarding this matter. I myself currently using 2 links, i.e. Devuploads & Userupload.
I use this because if someone doesn't use ad-blockers and want to download safely they can use Devuploads but if someone uses ad-blockers to download files they can use Userupload (as Devuploads detects ad-blockers and wants them to turn off to download files) so this serves both type of users.
So, in the beginning I had used Apkadmin & Userupload as download links. I have used Apkadmin for almost 2 months. Here's the income difference between Apkadmin vs Userupload for 18 days.
As @NotAWeeb! said Apkadmin is total garbage for uploaders. After not having any payment from Apkadmin for nearly 2 months I started using File-upload, they have a decent CPM but I have faced same issue as @NotAWeeb! PayPal is trash for receiving money.
They literally cut 22-25% of my income as service tax and God knows what, not only that they use their own shitty payout rates lower than the market rates.
So, now I have to find a way to receive money directly to my Bank A/c or any other way, luckily in my country there's a thing call UPI
Basically I have UPI ID which is linked to my Bank A/c. If someone transfer money to my UPI ID, it will go straight to my Bank A/c. without ANY charges
Currently I am using Devuploads and Userupload. Userupload has a decent CPM but I am super satisfied with Devuploads their CPM is good (i am earning $5 per week) and they provide payment through UPI so, it's a win-win situation for me.

So, what should you do? In short:
1. Look for Higher CPM sites along with their website traffic, generally higher traffic -> more ads -> more $ (use similarweb for comparing traffic for different sites).
2. Have a ground of communication with the site owners (For example both Devuploads & Userupload has email & telegram group to discuss payment or site related issues)
3. Choose either sites with higher CPM or convenience of receiving money or choose that has balance of both (in my case Devuploads).
But, i was wondering how do you manage file deletion after a certain period ??? I mean Userupload does remove files but i'm not sure about devuploads so please do clarify upon this. And also about storage too for both hosters

Radon02

(PST) Sharing Team
MOD Sharing Team
Sep 4, 2021
City of Joy
But, i was wondering how do you manage file deletion after a certain period ??? I mean Userupload does remove files but i'm not sure about devuploads so please do clarify upon this. And also about storage too for both hosters
Userupload indeed removes files very frequently, specially 18+ ones. As for DevUploads, as of now they haven't removed any 18+ files that I have shared they only removed low downloaded files.
As far storage is concerned DevUploads have Unlimited Storage Space. Because of the storage & payment related issues I have stopped using Userupload and shifted to Uploady because of 1TB Storage & High CPM.
But if you want to use userupload I would recommend rename your file & don't use any inappropriate words.

Reactions: AASIM_456

AASIM_456

Support
Staff member
Support
Jan 18, 2023
a Sperm Cell
Userupload indeed removes files very frequently, specially 18+ ones. As for DevUploads, as of now they haven't removed any 18+ files that I have shared they only removed low downloaded files.
As far storage is concerned DevUploads have Unlimited Storage Space. Because of the storage & payment related issues I have stopped using Userupload and shifted to Uploady because of 1TB Storage & High CPM.
But if you want to use userupload I would recommend rename your file & don't use any inappropriate words.
Kk thanks :pepe023:

Reactions: Radon02

NotAWeeb!

1/3 Games Approved
Original poster
Aug 31, 2023
japaneseland
Normally platforms delete files after X days they don't get downloads (Upfiles and Uploady do so in 30 days of no downloads), so as long as you don't post very unknown download links, you should be fine. Files that aren't downloaded aren't useful anyways, for both us uploaders and platforms. You can also check if files are going to get deleted by browsing through them (at least that I've seen, upfiles displays a red notice of elimination a few days before).

As for files getting deleted by the platform, it's quite interesting to see Userupload actually deletes any files, +18 ones in this case. Even though the platforms I'm using supposedly don't allow adult content (just as most), I haven't ever received a single file deletion in both Upfiles and Uploady.

Soon I may update this thread to better organize the information, disclose more of my experience and add some more important points like the ones you two comment :pepe009:

NotAWeeb!

1/3 Games Approved
Original poster
Aug 31, 2023
japaneseland
i would add:
- start a YouTube channel and post mod previews videos with the mods links ❤
That's quite a nice business model. Very recommended by my part (I've been years on YouTube to know that is very profitable)

And do you know what's the secret for truly good earnings? SEO. Apply SEO techniques to each preview video of your mod so that you always appear on top in search results and get more people to see your video and your mods.

Reactions: nowhere_222

AASIM_456

Support
Staff member
Support
Jan 18, 2023
a Sperm Cell
i would add:
- start a YouTube channel and post mod previews videos with the mods links ❤
That's quite a nice business model. Very recommended by my part (I've been years on YouTube to know that is very profitable)

And do you know what's the secret for truly good earnings? SEO. Apply SEO techniques to each preview video of your mod so that you always appear on top in search results and get more people to see your video and your mods.
But then it gets difficult for that channel to get monitized as i know but if i'm wrong correct me lol. You can also make an Instagram account too and post links there. There you can post shortened links too but i wouldn't recommend that cuz its annoying lmao.

Reactions: nowhere_222

nowhere_222

Just Crazy
Jul 29, 2022
Inner Peace 🕊️

- Use YouTube tags generator from title
- Good thumbnail

Thumbnail does 90% of the work ❤

Also don't forget you can't do all mods previews, there is some company / developers that are against it

NotAWeeb!

1/3 Games Approved
Original poster
Aug 31, 2023
japaneseland
But then it gets difficult for that channel to get monitized as i know but if i'm wrong correct me lol. You can also make an Instagram account too and post links there. There you can post shortened links too but i wouldn't recommend that cuz its annoying lmao.
Of course. It's not about monetizing the channel (and I've seen people who have succeeded in that purpose, crazy I know), it's enough with the download links themselves. YouTube is an unlimited source of people, with such a gigantic traffic daily. And it's way bigger than this forum's ever gonna have. You can make a good living with PPD download links if you make videos with fair amount of views. Couple thousand views per video is already good. It's all about how much people you can get in your videos, thus in your download links. And it's exponential, as the better views the video gets and the better looking it is for the algorithm (audience), the more it grows.

If we assume that for every 5 visits to the video, we get 1 download, and that each download is $0.001 as a very low number, we are talking that for every 5000 visits, we get a dollar, only in YouTube traffic. It is completely unrelated to the traffic already on Platinmods, assuming the download link is based on a thread on this forum.

The normal is to get better results than what I've said.

If you upload several videos for each and every single one of the mods, and you get them to reach at least thousands of views, we are talking about moderately good earnings. But the secret, and it is something that many do not value, is that they are residual. Most MOD APK videos get the traffic because other people is searching specifically for that video.

You get views while you sleep or do other things. It's the people, the ones who arrive to your video and you don't do anything else. That's why doing SEO on YT is so important: So you get more traffic that comes from search right to your video, so you don't have the need of creating more videos to get new, consistent views.

You don't need to do anything else because that video will continue to rank high in the search results, amassing views and therefore downloads every time someone searches for that mod or that game specifically.

Hope that gives some insight :pepe019:

Shortener links are trash for sure :pepe001: PPD links are already pretty good. It's all about the user experience.

And Instagram, meh. (in my opinion) Honestly, for that regard, I don't see much potential. Like, what people are you getting from there? And how difficult it is to grow interaction, followers, a little community, based on such a specific niche... Only to be breaking Instagram rules and possibly getting banned easier than with YouTube.

Reactions: AASIM_456

NotAWeeb!

1/3 Games Approved
Original poster
Aug 31, 2023
japaneseland
- Use YouTube tags generator from title
- Good thumbnail

Thumbnail does 90% of the work ❤

Also don't forget you can't do all mods previews, there is some company / developers that are against it
Of course, the thumbnail is very important and so is the positioning with keywords in the title. But the whole thing is important. Description, the video itself with its retention, etc etc. It's all about improving 1 little thing every time you upload a video to get better.