Yaskashije

PMT Elite Modder
Original poster
Staff member
Modding-Team
Sep 9, 2018
Minkowski Space
List of all Platinmods Modding Tutorials

Before you start reading, you should be aware that tutorials contain only a tiny amount of the work behind modding games, and they usually showcase specific cases that are not 100% replicable on the situations you may find yourself in.
Said in other words: tutorials are like a map and your knowledge in modding is like a compass. You use the maps to learn how to use the compass, so that once there's no map to follow, you can trust your skill with the compass to push forward.

Featured
Tutorial - BASICS ABOUT ANDROID APK MODDING IN GENERAL | LEARN MODDING TODAY FOR FREE!

Recommended Tools :
Tools anyone who wants to learn modding should have in their collection.

General Purposes
Tutorials that will be useful on every situation:

MOST COMMON
Tutorials involving most common ways in which games are modded.

Unity (libil2cpp.so) :
Games that contain libil2cpp.so library.

Native (IDA) [Can be useful for Unity il2cpp.so too]:
Games in which the logic is found inside some lib_____.so file.

Misc:

Hooking Tutorials
Hooking is one of the most useful methods to Mod games.

OTHER ENGINES
Tutorials involving games that run on more niche / less common engines and requiere custom tools and methods.

LUA:
Game logic is found inside .lua files.

JS:
Game logic is found in .js files.

Smali:
Game logic is found inside the Dex Classes, so you need to modify the .smali files.

Flash .SWF:
Code to be modified is found in .swf files

Legacy Tutorials
Modding methods that used to be useful in the past but the target they're aimed at is pretty much obsolete/unsupported nowadays making them very niche.

Unity .dll:
Games in which the code to be modified is found in .dll files. Usually used by Unity games.

General :
Mod Menus :
CIL Instructions :
Security:

x86 Native:
Code found in Native libs with x86 architecture.

Security Related
Some games have protections to make modding harder. Here's a collection showcasing different situations. Please be aware every protection is unique and they evolve over time; the tutorial may not be replicable in a different game (and what worked back then may no longer do today).

Decryption/Dumping:
Bypass :
Cracking :
Miscellaneous :

Source codes
Generally Useful:
ESP:
Game Hooking:

Apktool related:

MISCELLANEOUS

GameGuardian and AndLua Related:

Package and Traffic related:

Cheat Engine:

If i am missing your tutorial on this list feel free to post its link in this thread.
All tutorial credits go to their respective creators.

The reason for creating this thread is to organize and make guides easier to find, and also make older tutorials, that haven't been viewed for a while, be easily found by someone who needs it.

- This thread was originally created by @moonbunny but I have taken over since he is inactive

Last edited:

juru15

Solid & Active Platinian
Aug 26, 2017
Sometimes when I download obb files and extract them to android obb, the app still says "download failed because you may not have purchased this app". Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Reactions: Mustakim91

LEIIKUN

Retired Staff
Retired but loved <3
Oct 13, 2019
Davao
Sometimes when I download obb files and extract them to android obb, the app still says "download failed because you may not have purchased this app". Is there something I'm doing wrong?
Use Lucky Patcher and Patch "Remove License Verification".

Reactions: juru15

Lonewolf1

Rookie
May 10, 2020
Philippines
Sir G-bo do you ever try to create your own game? With your skills you can create one. And as a skilled modder you can easily create a good security with your game because you knew what are the possible way to hack your game. Hehe im just curious.

Sep 28, 2020
Jjn
I want to make my own mod of among us, I dont want too much like axeys mod, just some simple thing which lets me be imposter, I don't want all the other features, just the imposter one, can you help me by telling me what should I do first @moonbunny ?
Btw, I'm a programmer, I am quite a bit experienced but never modded before :)

Tags
bypass dll game hook ida pro il2cpp native tutorial unity